FTC central has stopped working - Can't find path.

I have been trying to get fsx steam edition to work with Orbx packages but I’m now having problems. I have always been ok when installing Global and scenery packages but after installing Vector I found that it could not find a simulator. All my paths were directed to FSX_SE folders. I tried several times to clean out the old box version with all folders etc without success.

Eventually I changed the value for the “Co-Existance” key in steam to 0 and upon reinstalling FXS steam all the folders are now FSX.

The Global package installs ok and works but after I install the scenery package I get “FTC Central has stopped working” message and eventually you have to close the program.

Looking at the ftxc3.log the first line shows the following:

[2016-12-03_12-45-17-PM 3.0.2.2] - System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX-SE\scenery.cfg'.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

It looks as though the scenery location for the FSX_SE folder  is not there, what should I do now.

ftxc3.log

Also having the same issue as the original poster.

Looks like the installer is looking for "Could not find a part of the path 'C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX-SE\scenery.cfg'." but the FSX-SE directory does not exist

ftxc3.log

This happens as soon as I start FTX Central and the error occurs as soon as "Activation Orbx Scenery...". I get the error and the Windows closes the program.

I just tried the FSX Registry Editor found in another post. Selected my FSX Steam Edition directory. Re-started FTX Central. A box comes up asking me to select an Option but there is no option.

Update: I set the root directory to the FSX Steam Edition path. Then checked "Add to Current User Key". Thought it fixed it as FSX SE was shown in the Title Bar but still got the Unexpected Error Occurred

Found a little work around. C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX-SE\scenery.cfg FTX Central is looking for the FSX-SE directory but instead there is only FSX. So I renamed the directory from C:\PrograDataMicrosoft\FSX to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX-SE. Then install Orbx Global and any other add-on products then change the directory back to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX. And all my Orbx and a couple of Freeware add-ons where there in the listing.

This little work around solves the symptom but not the problem. Nick

• 4 months later...

Just want to say thanks for this conversation. I was getting all kinds of errors like this while installing vector from ftx3 into a new install of Fsx steam. Never saw problems like this before. I downloaded the registry tool and did a get. It showed that it was pointed to the steam path on my E: drive which is blank. I set it to the proper path on the C: drive and just like that it is fixed!

Archived