Slow download speeds for some customers - sitrep

John Venema

3 minutes ago, miinuskolm said:

Hi,

I also can`t update openLC Europe with FTX Central P3DV3 (v3.0.2.2) because FTX Central stays to one place and don`t move forward - check the license forever!

Tried several times ( both yesterday and today ):

Welcome to the club! You should start a topic in the FTX Central Support forum, not that there aren't enough of similar topics already though. I've noticed that it's predominantly Swedish and / - or Finnish customers that have this problem. If I'm not mistaken, all Finnish internet traffic goes through Sweden and that might be part of the explanation why customers from both countries are affected. 

Thank you John.
It took me two days trying to install the OPEN LC EUROPE update 1.30. It was very slow (I thought it could take more than 24 hours) and the download was interrupted when it reached 24%.
Today it took me about 5 minutes after clearing all temp files

9 minutes ago, ALZ150A said:

Thank you John.
It took me two days trying to install the OPEN LC EUROPE update 1.30. It was very slow (I thought it could take more than 24 hours) and the download was interrupted when it reached 24%.
Today it took me about 5 minutes after clearing all temp files

Did you downloaded it manually or via FTX?

8 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

That looks like an important help, Nick. Perhaps so important you should put it into a separate post (pinned) or to a FTXCv3 guide? I´ll try it next time, however.

Yes,but if these downloads show also the same error when installing..........there is no other option then,that happen to me with this a few times........

Hello, that certainly looks impressive, I can see why you are frustrated with the FTX speed.

As I posted in another thread, it is clear that there is a problem.

It is also clear that I don't have the skill, knowledge or tools to fix it but I have asked for someone

who has these things to investigate.

Regrettably, I can do no more and am also awaiting an answer.

Just now, Nick Cooper said:

Hello, that certainly looks impressive, I can see why you are frustrated with the FTX speed.

As I posted in another thread, it is clear that there is a problem.

It is also clear that I don't have the skill, knowledge or tools to fix it but I have asked for someone

who has these things to investigate.

Regrettably, I can do no more and am also awaiting an answer.

Thank you still Nick.

It may not help anyone either, however: I just downloaded Sogndal with my maximum speed (100MB/s) from Germany via FTXC3. Method was install and make backup, server CDN. No download manager used.

As a sidenote: I also used my VISA card for buying which worked flawless, however, I would still prefer to get PayPal back as soon as possible. 

Kind regars, Michael

Fwiw, I also purchased ENSG Sogndal as well as PAHO Homer and EU Germany North, and all downloaded speedily, efficiently without error. No download manager used. In fact I have not changed any of the download settings in FTX Central v3 since installing, so my download settings there are the default ones. Even with downloading EU Germany North, all three downloads were complete and installed in about 40 minutes. Reminder that I live in Hawaii, an island in the middle of the Pacific ocean. I have not had any download slowdowns to speak of since installing FTX Central 3. I am wondering if the problem is regional? I don't know....this does seem to be a troublesome problem for some folks, and I hope the fix is discovered soon. 

Downloaded and installed PAVD via FTXC3 last week (CDN ticked). It took about 3 hours :( for 2.75 GB.

Today, I did download it via Manual Download to have a backup. With Free Download Manager, it took 15 minutes :)

For all my next purchases, I will use the Manual Download via Free Download Manager.....

Question : No more MD5 value is showing on web site. How can we check file integrity now, using a download manager ?

Mike

Hi
Nothing help -  very, very, very slow download speed with FTX Central 3 (3.0.2.2). FTX Central 3 don`t go ahead to next step - check the license will remain forever.
Also can`t download manualy - download time 14 days(!!!) and it stops after a few mega downloads.
And now more - i don`t have nothing downloaded but i have limit exceeded (You are only able to download five (5) FSS products every 24 hours. For more information, please see this topic:

Please find a solution! Maybe you may temporarily make an external link ?
Previously, with FTX Central 2 ,i got all the downloads done in a few minutes.

I suggest John, that your predownload suggestions be placed somewhere so as to be noticed before starting a download.   Not after, and in a Forum.  Wish I had known about them before I downloaded Norway. B)

Stoney.

Have had the same problem as others: took 23 hrs to download last purchase via FTX with multiple broken connections and restarts (started at 7:00PM local and ended the next day at 5:00 pm local). Speeds all over the lot.

If I understand all of the above confusion:  1.  One has to purchase something before you can decide whether or not to download it via FTX3 or via some download manager manually. If one downloads via FDM can you then load the newly downloaded program into existing Orbx programs directly from C:/Downloads? 2. What is this "CDN" download people refer to? I see nothing about any Canadian download site. If it exists, how is it reached?

I had no problem loading multiple Orbx products from the FlightSim Store, but now...

-=dcp=- Pacific Northwest - Seattle area

Same here. Reviewed all mentioned conditions.

All conditions suggested in this post done and accounted for.

Still redicilous download time.

Just did 8 GB from Simmarket in 10 minutes.

I also have to do Europe LC, That will take forever. 

Maybe switch back to flight1.

Perfmance ORBX.jpeg

Hi,

I don`t get at all from Checking License to next step -  files to downloadIt`s no longer only slow download speed but it is completely defective FTX Central 3. It seems that FTX Central 3  haven`t been tested enough  before it was introduced.

.ORBX forum can be read, that  the majority of customers  everything works OK and only a small part can`t download  product and  so on...

Merry Christmas and we hope that there is light at the end of the tunnel !

20161218_132531.jpg

On 2016-12-18 at 11:42 PM, Ville19912 said:

I tried to use vpn,and now I can download with Sonera too. Because what ever is it cant see that I use Sonera, or Sonera  cant see that I am downloading from what ever is it.

We who have TeliaSonera in Sweden and Finland as internet service provider couldent even start the downloading. We didnt even get through the " the licens check" but there was some clever guys who tried to download through VPN service and that made the trick, even my speed which not has "rocket connection status " were good. Maybe that works even for you to "go around" the problem to increase the download speed

Jerker

Just to add to this incredible support/service desaster on OrbX's side: Now even the manual download option is not an option any more. Not only do I get ridiculously slow d/l speeds from within FTX Central (like 9KB/s), even when downloading manually from the website it is the same speed. Jeez, OrbX, wake up or you will loose customers. You can keep customers calm only for so long. And repeating it's the customer's fault when your forums are full of reports is just incredibly unwise. FWIW: Yes, I had enabled CDN, had deleted the temp folder, had restarted the PC etc. etc. etc. 

Get your act together quickly, please.

In the meantime I go flying, with or without your updates or new products. 

No one apart from you has suggested that this is the fault of any customer.

Some customers have however reported that action that they have taken has fixed

their particular problem with download speeds.

I suppose you could interpret that as being their own fault if it fits the point you are trying to make.

The suggestions made are intended to help and in some cases have done.

They fall under the heading of "support".

The situation for those who are experiencing this problem is indeed both regrettable and unacceptable.

This has been acknowledged and efforts are being made to resolve the problem.

It does seem likely that there is not one universal solution that will solve the problem at a stroke, as evidenced by

the mixed results of the various measures suggested by both support and customers themselves so far.

I think that the constant repetition of an accepted complaint contributes nothing at all towards its solution.

Archived