SODE Jetways

SDFlyer

This doesn't just have to do with KPSP, but it's late and that's the only piece of graphical interactive artwork I can think of at the moment.  The root question is, will there be SODE jetway implementation in your current and future airport projects that have...err...jetways?

Thanks,
Mark

• 1 year later...

I just bought YBBN and was disappointed to see such amazing scenery ruined by jetways that don't work very well. The hood at the end of the jetway flipped completely over while connecting with my PMDG 744. I do hope you go with SODE. I understand it is a bit of work on the developers part, but they work incredibly well.

Scott

Hi Jim, 

Directly from the SODE website (https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?page_id=2):

The SimObject Display Engine (SODE) enables FSX/P3D scenery developers to control the display of their objects depending on certain conditions and/or triggers.

The software is released as “Donationware“. Feel free to donate if you like this module. You may use the module in commercial projects, a donation in this case is highly appreciated. Thank you!

SODE is written in C++ and compiled with the GNU Compiler Collection “gcc”.

Key Features:

• Jetway Control System
  • Conditional display and animation, including separation planes
  • Triggerable display and animation
  • Controllable animation
  • Variable-driven rotation

Essentially it is a control system for various animations. For most sim users jetway control is the primary use however it can do other things as well (I believe I've seen some developers use it for a pseudo pilot-activated lighting system). I don't own a great deal of airports that have it but it seems as though the jetway animation is a little smoother and "connects" to the aircraft in a slightly more natural way. The other major advantage is that you can have multiple jetways per parking gate therefore allowing connections to multiple doors as quite often happens on bigger aircraft to expedite the boarding process. You can also select which jetway connects to which door.

As I understand, the creator is a working airline pilot and does it as a side hobby. I believe he has also developed a Visual Docking Guidance System (VDGS) plug-in for SODE it however is a commercial product and not free.

Hope that answers the question.

Haydn

• 2 months later...

I've seen a lot of talk on the forums about adding SODE to ORBX airport jetways. The posts I've seen are rather old, so any more news on that subject? I own several of the ORBX airports, and a bunch of the scenery products. I also have many upgraded airports made by other companies, and virtually all of them have moving jetways, which in my opinion, at least, adds a lot to the realism of the simulation. Thanks.

Pete Locascio  

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/4/2018 at 9:28 AM, Patrick Chaieb said:

GSX Level 2 is nearing completion. Would it be possible support your jetways with the new exclude option?

@ ORBX Team

It would be great if you can make your static jetways excludable with GSX V2. Because, lets be honest, we will never see moving jetways from ORBX anytime soon...

• 4 weeks later...

Archived