LOWER pricing on 85% of Orbx airports!

John Venema

Hello everyone,

For some time now we've felt that there has been some disparity between the features and content of our airports versus their pricing.

So we spent some time creating a matrix of features of each airport which resulted in them being placed in one of three tiers; Silver, Gold or Platinum.

What we found was that pricing all Orbx airports at Platinum pricing was taking away the unique extra value provided by airports with added features such as bonus airfields, helipads, large photoreal areas, number of models etc.

So the result is that:

• 21 airports have been reduced in price by 37.5% to become the entry-level Silver tier
  • 67 airports have been reduced in price by 17.5% to become the mid-range Gold tier
  • 16 airports have remained at their current price to become the premium Platinum tier

Orbx_Airport_Pricing_Tiers2.jpg

These pricing changes are effective immediately and available from OrbxDirect now!

As we introduce new airports to our catalogue, they will be measured against our tiering criteria and priced accordingly. Our aim over the coming years is to focus more on Platinum quality airports which offer the most value for money by giving a lot more to experience, explore and enjoy.

9 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

I feel this is a very reasonable move. I make the judgement on "extra features included" with every purchase, not by chance I have most platinum rated sceneries in my list already...

Thanks for pushing the business with this creativity, JV!

Me too! Buying places like Friday Harbor, Blue Canyon and AYPY with lots of extra airports were key on my decision!

Hm, I'm a bit confused about the price reduction. When I compare the prices to the onesI already paid in FSS, they are the same or higher as before..

For examlpe I paid 32.95$ for KEGE, KMRY, but also 32.95 for some of the Gold tier...

Maybe I'm wrong, but this sounds a bit strange to me...

20 minutes ago, macroth72 said:

Hm, I'm a bit confused about the price reduction. When I compare the prices to the onesI already paid in FSS, they are the same or higher as before..

For examlpe I paid 32.95$ for KEGE, KMRY, but also 32.95 for some of the Gold tier...

Maybe I'm wrong, but this sounds a bit strange to me...

In June we had an across the board change in price to 39.95AUD, with a couple left at 24.95AUD. This change is reducing many airports that were never at budget pricing to budget, and others back to 32.95AUD.

Archived