If service was our success why do we have a clown for a pilot

VH-KDK

I was lucky enough in 1991 to fly from Phuket to Sydney on a Lauda 763 and I must say their service ranked equal to the first class service I enjoy on SQ.

Sadly the airline no longer exists in any form but I still have the memories of that wonderful flight.

Being short on pilots they had to ask me to take one of their 737-800s on a charter from Klagenfurt to Schonefeld.

1.le1.jpg

This is my first actual flight for 2 weeks using P3Dv2.4. I am slowly installing bits and pieces one at a time and testing each time in case there is a problem.

Here we are lifting off from Klagenfurt, plenty of runway to spare despite a plane full of tourists.

2.le2.jpg

A very impressive road junction here on the banks of the  Worthersee.

3.le3.jpg

Beautiful green fields and forests can be seen near Oberglan for those on the Starboard side of the 738. On the port side you can see clouds and blue sky.

4.le4.jpg

The mighty Danube at Schlogen. Too much cloud to see anything before this.

5.le5.jpg

Close to Bad Kotzting in Bavaria, now turning to fly over the Czech Republic.

6.le6.jpg

Sokolov and it's mine in the notorious Black Triangle. This area of the Czech Republic Poland and Germany was heavily polluted by its mines and heavy industry. Things are on the improve since the 80s but there is still much to do.

7.le7.jpg

Now back in Germany and looking back at Dresden on the Elbe.

8.le8.jpg

The large army training area at Juterbog. Formerly used by the Nazis it passed to the Red Army. It is still out of bounds, despite not being used, for safety and security reasons.

9.le9.jpg

The diamonds are where they should be with Schonefeld in sight.

10.le10.jpg

Junction of the A10 and B101 at Ludwigsfeld.

11.le11.jpg

An impressive railway junction at Blankenfelde-Mahlow.

12.le12.jpg

A beautiful landing, how does he do it. "Service is our Success" was Lauda's slogan and they were so happy with my flying that I have been invited back to fly when ever I want.

It is so good to be able to keep these old extinct airlines flying along with the myriad of old aircraft that have long ago ceased to fly.

I do know that the 737 will still be flying long after I have dropped off the twig!

Great flight, outstanding narration & screenies, my friend!

10 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

I was lucky enough in 1991 to fly from Phuket to Sydney on a Lauda 763 and I must say their service ranked equal to the first class service I enjoy on SQ.

Sadly the airline no longer exists in any form but I still have the memories of that wonderful flight.

I have to second that: Lauda 772 was my first intercontinental flight ever, and I still consider their (very personal) service as being amongst the best. From time to time i still see these planes (now under "Austrian operated by Tyrolean" livery), and I always remember these flights.

Good to learn that they have taken up service again, if you need a first officer please let me know (I would bring my original Lauda basecap, do you need Sydney or Melbourne?).

Stunning Martyn!  I have the NGX for FSX but never use FSX anymore.  And I was thinking of buying it for P3D.  Is this PMDG?  These are really nice shots, so green and colorful.  And I especially liked this line, "Being short on pilots they had to ask me to take one of their 737-800s on a charter from Klagenfurt to Schonefeld." :lol::lol::lol:

On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 6:01 PM, Iain Emms said:

Cracking set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain

On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 6:22 PM, gumbypickett said:

Terrific set KDK, and a very nice approach.:)

cheers

Gumby

On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 7:17 PM, Jeff Gilmour said:

Impressive shots there KDK, I really like your tour narration as well. Perfect landing really greased her in, Niki would be proud.

Thanks Jeff and Gumby, it is so good when the flight goes to plan. Always a big relief when the ILS locks on!

On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 7:40 PM, Voyager said:

All a bunch of beautiful screenshots.
I really liked the 10th and 12th, but it is only because of personal point of view.

Voyager

Cheers Voyager and you are entitled to your view.

On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 7:58 PM, RJ said:

Magic everything here, Martyn. :)

Thanks RJ.

On ‎15‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 4:01 AM, Stillwater said:

Great flight, outstanding narration & screenies, my friend!

I have to second that: Lauda 772 was my first intercontinental flight ever, and I still consider their (very personal) service as being amongst the best. From time to time i still see these planes (now under "Austrian operated by Tyrolean" livery), and I always remember these flights.

Good to learn that they have taken up service again, if you need a first officer please let me know (I would bring my original Lauda basecap, do you need Sydney or Melbourne?).

Thanks Gerold, you will be most welcome, cap and all.

On ‎15‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 4:18 AM, dolf8857 said:

Verry nice set Martyn!

Cheers Dolf.

On ‎15‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 6:43 AM, Jack Sawyer said:

Stunning Martyn!  I have the NGX for FSX but never use FSX anymore.  And I was thinking of buying it for P3D.  Is this PMDG?  These are really nice shots, so green and colorful.  And I especially liked this line, "Being short on pilots they had to ask me to take one of their 737-800s on a charter from Klagenfurt to Schonefeld." :lol::lol::lol:

Thank you Jack, no this is only the default 738. I can get rolling in a few minutes the biggest part is the flight plan. As nice as the complicated planes are I just like to fly and look at the scenery. They must have been scraping the bottom of the barrel when they could only find me to fly their plane.

Many thanks to you all for looking and adding your wonderful comments.

Archived