FSX Steam not detected by Orbx installers

tsmpaul

Hi, I bought a lot of Orbx stuff on FlightSimStore.com back when stuff was still listed on there. Recently I got a new computer and have been installing all my FSX stuff, and I got Steam FSX as well to make it easier. When I installed Steam FSX, I installed it to D drive by accident. I uninstalled it, then reinstalled it on C drive which is where I wanted it. When I then launched the Global Base installer, and it asked which FSX I wanted to install to, it listed D drive not C drive! I tried using an FSX registry fix I found on the net (the one linked to in this forum doesn't seem to exist at http://fullterrain/registry ) and I tried another person's suggestion to go into folders and delete the FSX folders there, and to uninstall and reinstall again, and that didn't work. So I went into RegEdit, and scanned for every reference to the D drive install of FSX, and changed the text to point to C drive. Now when I run the Global installer - it doesn't list ANY install of FSX to pick from, not D or C drive now, there's nothing there to select at all.

I have a previously installed Steam Edition of FSX, as well as the Box Edition of FSX, along with PreparD v3.4, installed on my computer. The FSX Steam Edition and FSX Box Edition are located on my D drive, and my Prepar3D is located on my F drive.  When I run the new FTXCentral, it does not detect the FSX Steam Edition. It does, however, detect the FSX Box Edition and Prepar3D v.3, as well as Prepar3D v.2 (which I have never installed on my computer), although the previous edition of FTX Central, also detected Prepar3d v.2 and FSX Steam, and my other installed Prepar3D v.3 and FSX Box.  What do I need to do to get FTX Central to recognize the FSX Steam Edition? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

On 11/15/2016 at 3:38 PM, Nick Cooper said:

I suspect that FTX Central will now detect all simulator versions.

Try it, and if it still doesn't, there is a temporary fix here. for dual

installations of FSX and FSX-SE

Hi nick

This is my first purchased NA FTX central V3 Southern California and have it installed into my only FSX.se in the PC, (On FTX window option contained fsx & fsx.se for installing  I selected fsx.se) After that, I reset my PC and run fsx icon...free flight...choose airport... klax and click fly....wait for scenery.... reading...when... at 6% it was struggling About 20 seconds then run...slowly ....to 100% then the whole window blackout, I tried a few time but no luck.... so is there some thing wrong with my PC or FTX central v3.

Do you have any idea about this problem I was searching many forum but can find any of the same my situation.

Your advised will be appreciated 

Pham

My PC: 

Asus window 10, gtx980,  i7 8gb of ram, 3.4 ghz, 7200.

Archived