ENHF Hammerfest

Wonderful airport. Exactly my kind of size.

Together with Tore's Narvik and Jo Erlend's airports (Alta, Tromsø, Svolvær, Værøy) Northern Norway will be my new playing ground. In this context I hope Tore is continuing his Bodø project. OrbX, Aerosoft and AoN really opened up this beautiful country for us GA flyers.

Rock on, Finni! 

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 4:39 PM, Finni Hansen said:

I was very anxious when I sent the airport out to beta, but the reports are all positive towards the curve.

I guess people will have to make the decision themselves, if a few daily AI flights are more important than this entire city for them to explore :)

Finn

I love having my AI traffic, and generally speaking, I prefer that to sloped runways, but in some cases it is fun to have a few airports like this also -- particularly when it is a remote location and there is generally just one airplane coming and going (Wideroe small Dash 8 commuter plane in this case) a few times throughout the day.  So in cases like this, I agree that it is fun to have the added challenge of the sloped runway, which adds a little spice in terms of flying challenge. 

The perfect solution is to have a toggle setting to allow it to work both ways, but I am not really sure that is even possible. 

Some sacrifices must be made in any case, I suppose.

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 3:45 AM, Vora said:

Wonderful airport. Exactly my kind of size.

Together with Tore's Narvik and Jo Erlend's airports (Alta, Tromsø, Svolvær, Værøy) Northern Norway will be my new playing ground. In this context I hope Tore is continuing his Bodø project. OrbX, Aerosoft and AoN really opened up this beautiful country for us GA flyers.

Rock on, Finni! 

I really could not agree more.  Hopefully we'll get a quality version of Kirkenes, and we'll be all set.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2016 at 10:14 AM, kl791 said:

First of all congratulations with the new scene! Looks just Great. Norway is really getting spoiled with nice scenery. And yes, I will make sure that all traffic is adjusted to match perfectly with this scenery in the upcoming update of Global AI Ship Traffic. There will also be quite some new ships from the offshore industry included  fitting with this and other Norwegian sceneries.

Henrik

16103002395816112914593956.jpg

Off-topic: WOW, Henrik, what a nice shot!!! I guess you use P3D cause I've never seen such high waves in FSX. Is it really possible to affect the waves this way? Amazing...

On ‎08‎-‎12‎-‎2016 at 6:11 PM, simurq said:

Off-topic: WOW, Henrik, what a nice shot!!! I guess you use P3D cause I've never seen such high waves in FSX. Is it really possible to affect the waves this way? Amazing...

Thanks for the nice comment; and yes, as Manfred says I use P3D. For me the water and shadow display are two of the features which brought me to leave FSX. If you enjoy nice sceneries then P3D is simply so much better. The ship movements are not completely realistic in high waves, but still the fact that the wave height and wind speed are correlated is a big jump from the flat water of FSX. And ps the new shipping package will go in Beta before Christmas with more than 700 ships and of course adapted to the new ORBX sceneries.

Archived