Don't understand FTX Central 3

geejo

You can download FTX Central V3 from this site  and run it. I think it will see you have a license for FTX Australia and bring up a screen to install it on your computer. I have only used it to get the Freeware stuff onto the list and to do some updates but it seems to work fine. If I am wrong someone from ORBX will no doubt get you straightened out.

Once you have FTXCv3 installed, I think you'll be able to work it out easily.

You'll see a thumbnail list of all your installed areas in full colour, with un-bought ones in dark monochrome. On the paid-up up thumbnails, one of two things can happen:

1) A flash across the top that says "Ready to install" (or something similar). No coloured background, so easy to miss.

2) If theres's an update to a previously installed add-on, then there'll be a flash (with a nice red background) telling you so.

If you use either of those two options above, FTXCv3 will go and download the required files. *However* - if you want to keep a local copy of the downloaded add-on (as in the old system) then you need to click on "Download Options" and point it to a destination folder *before* you click on the "Install" button.

Bear in mind that the archives you download (if you choose to do so) have weird looking filenames (and contain more nested archives with similarly looking files) so there's no immediate way of knowing what scenery area they belong to. I *pre-create* a new folder (eg. CYBD_Bella_Coola) beforehand, then point the FTXC installer to that.

If you ever need to reinstall from a *locally stored* archive, just point to that folder and FTXC will do the rest.

What I really like about FTXCv3 is that choosing, buying and installing is all done via the FTXC interface. You just click on something that takes your fancy and off you go. WARNING: This can seriously damage your credit card :lol: - it's just too easy!

Adam.

• 3 weeks later...

Please help, somebody I getting nowhere with Central. I've looked at the post on the subject but I never the first "Get FTX Central"because it still tells me to put in which FSX I have with no options??  I've paid $ 55. for this on the 10th of this month and IO srtill can't use it!

I bought Au Australia withID5823bb22bf42d on 2016-11-10.  Al I get is a window telling me to select which FLightsim I have and no options. I am trying to insert it into FSXsteam.  Where do I go from here?

Thanks Guys.  I've had Flight sim since the early days before Orbx or FTX.

Geejo

Many thanks fort everyone. It all woks well now. I'm very impressed with the new system. I was so excited to get all the stuff that I didn't wait to get back-ups. Is there any way that can be done at a later stage?

Geejo

Archived