Edwards AFB - ADEX Fault with Runway ID

collensr

Hi

I have SCA on my FSX Gold system.

I have disabled the default Edwards as per the instructions.

The airfield is showing correctly with buildings and levels all ok. I can see some ai F-16's on the AFFTC ramp and some B-1B's on the South ramp.

I want to add some parking spaces on the North Ramp and to create some bespoke ai traffic.

Using ADE I have modified the BGL file in the SCA05 Scenery file to add the parking spaces I want with designations for my AI traffic.

I have created a traffic file in AI Flight Planner.

When both the Traffic file and the amended ADEX bgl file are compiled the traffic file is ok but the ADEX file for the airfield is showing the following fault :

"04R/22L - Duplicate Runway. You have more than one runway with this ID.  The airport will not compile.  Check your runway numbers."

Has anyone been able to successfully get AI traffic at KEDW or have had this problem as I'm not sure how to solve it please?

cheers

Hi there,

KEDW is a rather complex airport with a multitude of runways. Looks like the compiler doesn't like the fact that RW 04R/22L consists of a paved section and a dirt extension.

If you select List > Runways, and then sort by ID you'll see the two entries for 04R/22L; delete the dirt entry and you should be good to go.

Having said that you may need to edit other runways as well to end up with realistic military AI travel. Note that the AI engine will always pick the longest active runway (given the current wind direction). Since most of the dirt runways are much longer than the paved ones you'd end up with AI in odd locations. Thus, you may want to delete or make inactive for AI all dirt runways unless you don't mind your AI using those.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks Holger

I have deleted the duplicate dirt runway as per your suggestion and the file compiled successfully with a green bar bottom left of the ADE input screen.

However I am still not seeing my AI traffic.

I have added the requisite parking spots using ADE modifying the ADE BGL file in MFSX / ORBX / FTX_NA / FTX_NA_SCA05_SCENERY.

So in my I know have the following files in my MFSX / ORBX / FTX_NA / FTX_NA_SCA05_SCENERY folder :

KEDW_ADEX_RC.BGL

KEDW_ADEX_RC.ad3

ADE_FTXSCA_KEDW.BGL

ADE_FTXSCA_KEDW_CVX.BGL

I have tried removing ADE_FTXSCA_KEDW.BGL from the Scenery folder but with or with out that I can't see the parking spaces or the AI aircraft due to be there.

Any other ideas what I am doing wrong please?

On 11/9/2016 at 2:47 PM, collensr said:

Thanks Holger

I have deleted the duplicate dirt runway as per your suggestion and the file compiled successfully with a green bar bottom left of the ADE input screen.

However I am still not seeing my AI traffic.

I have added the requisite parking spots using ADE modifying the ADE BGL file in MFSX / ORBX / FTX_NA / FTX_NA_SCA05_SCENERY.

So in my I know have the following files in my MFSX / ORBX / FTX_NA / FTX_NA_SCA05_SCENERY folder :

KEDW_ADEX_RC.BGL

KEDW_ADEX_RC.ad3

ADE_FTXSCA_KEDW.BGL

ADE_FTXSCA_KEDW_CVX.BGL

I have tried removing ADE_FTXSCA_KEDW.BGL from the Scenery folder but with or with out that I can't see the parking spaces or the AI aircraft due to be there.

Any other ideas what I am doing wrong please?

Thanks for resurrecting the concern about KEDW parking Richard.  I'm sure they (ORBX) might get to it at some point in the future, as per Holger's reply to my KEDW thread awhile back.  Things are probably a bit hectic right now.

Archived