Wots all this then?

VH-KDK

4 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

First of all me thinks this is Alice Springs.  And if my memory serves me correctly the Todd river is usually dry. Next to it is the Stuart Highway

Well done Bernd, the Todd river is an ephemeral river meaning that it is usually dry. I had never seen this before in FS so I was fairly surprised when came across it.

6 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Autogen in the water?

6 hours ago, RJ said:

Looks like it. :huh:

Thanks Jack and RJ, the trees are usually in the dry river bed.

6 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Or water at all?! A stunning top-down view though...

Half there Erik.

5 hours ago, Voyager said:

The agriculture landclass?

Voyager

That is actually water. To the left of the tail are the Blatherskite Park showgrounds and there is a patch of trees to the left of the right hand set of ponds.

Thanks for having a go guys and Bernd the coconut is in the mail:D

I hope that this should be here and not my installation playing up again for the umpteenth time this week.

Australia (the region) seems to be one of the few with seasonal flooding (like around RockHampton for example and also south of Darwin) and you see what I call 'flooded tree areas' aka autogen in the water.  maybe that's what this is?

also - Rockhampton -not sure I got the name right - haven't been there in a very long time.

A very nice shot.

And as pointed out above, the trees in the river fit perfectly here indeed.

If Your time allows it feel free to read through this old, but still very informative thread back from the archives here at the forums.

I hope the link works as one of the main developers of Alice Springs offers some very detailed information there at #14:

Archived