active OpenLC Alaska/Canada

Hi,

Firstly  my order # is: Order #FSS0406605 

So I know this issue has been brought up before but I'd like to make what I think is a valid point.

So in June I went travelling for a few months and was obviously away from the flight simming community for that time. I came back home and went back to university and haven't had the time to catch up with what has been happening. I decide today I feel like firing up my sim, and there's the standard updating to do for the past few months. Only I come to find that OpenLC North America has been released and has engulfed Alaska/Canada. The new FTX Central doesn't seem to have support for customers who didn't upgrade to the full North America, essentially making a product that I bought a few months ago mute.

I think this is quite unfair on customers that don't necessarily want to upgrade to the full package or customers that did not know about the upgrade (to be honest 30 days upgrade limit seems a bit short no?). I know the counter argument is that plenty of warning was given but like I said, I have been away from the community for the past few months and to be honest I feel a bit cheated.

Many thanks

Dylan Vignola

Life isn't always fair. Sometimes you just have bad luck. -_-

That aside I agree that it's not the best move to not have an indefinate discount for previous buyers of the older product.

For a company that supposedly is trying to abide by the old "The customer is king" motto, this seems like an odd move.

Edited by KVSandleben

ORBX was very candid when OpenLC Alaska/Canada was released that it was an interim release and that the full North American LC would be made available at a later time and that there would be a pricing reduction for early adopter of the LC.

If you purchased the OpenLC Alaska/Canada package when it was released the future discount when the full package was released was quite clearly stated.

As you were traveling when the full package was released and missed the 30 day offer is of course one of those instances that while unfortunate is not a good reason to change the pre-announced limited discount.  Sort of like a department store having a sale for a specfic time and a customer missing the sale and wanting the business to extend the sale because they were out of town.

As I recall LC Alaska Canada was released Aug. 2015.  The forums explained it was interim and when North America LC was released there would be a 30 day price break for those who purchased Alaska/Canada.

LC North America was released July 2016.

OK.  And I didn't notice it was even out, because I doubt I used my computer for more than 5 minutes at a stretch during that month.

What I'm saying is that maybe now that fall is here and I'm finally catching up on the news that the rest of LC NA actually came out, it'd be nice if that upgrade offer was extended to those of us that missed it.

• Upvote 1

On 7.11.2016 at 5:09 PM, EvilJoven said:

What I'm saying is that maybe now that fall is here and I'm finally catching up on the news that the rest of LC NA actually came out, it'd be nice if that upgrade offer was extended to those of us that missed it.

Me too, since all those reviewing-homepages in germany doesn`t support orbx any longer the news did not recieved me until now.

very sad.