Just to complete the holiday documentation

Stillwater

... though it is not easy to make such documentation on night flights, neither in real (blurry) nor in the sim (too dark).

The real one shown here was not our plane, I just could not move my camera in the terminal to the correct position.

2016-10-30_17-43Heraklion.jpg
2016-10-30_17-44.jpg

Last chance to see something during climbout:

2016-10-30_17-58-38-850.jpg
2016-10-30_17-58-40.jpg

You will not be surprised by

a ) I can not compare this shot with a real counterpart

b ) I have flown this approach so often, you may not only ask me the frequencies and course, but also the waypoints.

2016-10-30_20-8EDDV.jpg

Now off for some autumn touring in GEN...

Thank you, @RJ and @dolf8857 !

On 1.11.2016 at 11:05 AM, VH-KDK said:

Exc3llent shots Gerold, and what a fantastic RL shot of the town all lit up

Thanks for the compliment, as I said night shots from a plane are difficult, long picture time and moving base (plane...) cause lots of blurries, and the plane windows often are not as clean as I expect (@ all airline managers: please read this and consider whenever you see me booked on a flight!).

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Great shots Gerold.  Do you really fly that much in RL?  If so it would seem you send more time in the air than on the ground!  Must be nice.

You say something... I have to think. I am not flying THAT much in RL, but obviously often enough to make substantial posts here. And sometimes I even do not get (or want) a window seat :ph34r:...

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

Thank you, @RJ and @dolf8857 !

Thanks for the compliment, as I said night shots from a plane are difficult, long picture time and moving base (plane...) cause lots of blurries, and the plane windows often are not as clean as I expect (@ all airline managers: please read this and consider whenever you see me booked on a flight!).

You say something... I have to think. I am not flying THAT much in RL, but obviously often enough to make substantial posts here. And sometimes I even do not get (or want) a window seat :ph34r:...

You seem to fly a lot Gerold.  That's fun, I used to love flying all over the place.  But you're right, no window seat is no fun.

Thanks, @Voyager!

17 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Really great shots, Gerold, especially the real ones. I took many of them myself and know, how difficult this can be

... and thanks for your comment, Bernd. A bit of a challenge, but I feel it pays off when it comes to compare with the sim. 

Archived