Berlin or Bust.

VH-KDK

Great scenery presentation, even the default 738 looks good!

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Great tour Martyn.  You must be in FSX as I wish P3D had at least a default 737.  I have the OMDG in FSX but I'll be darned if I buy it again for P3D, I discovered that with Orbx I like it low and slow to really enjoy the scenery.

I am with you, Jack re-buying my hangar still keeps me reluctant.

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Great tour Martyn.  You must be in FSX as I wish P3D had at least a default 737.  I have the OMDG in FSX but I'll be darned if I buy it again for P3D, I discovered that with Orbx I like it low and slow to really enjoy the scenery.

32 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

It is just the FSX default 738, which works perfectly in P3D with that special tool.

I am with both of you and won't rebuy FSX planes for P3D.

39 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

100% agree!

5 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

It is just the FSX default 738, which works perfectly in P3D with that special tool.

I am with both of you and won't rebuy FSX planes for P3D.

Too bad that tool didn't work for me.  But how could you place a default FSX plane into P3D even with that tool?

I mean you don't install the default planes.  Way over my head.

On ‎26‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 4:41 AM, Jack Sawyer said:

Too bad that tool didn't work for me.  But how could you place a default FSX plane into P3D even with that tool?

I mean you don't install the default planes.  Way over my head.

I am running FSX on another drive Jack, so it was just a case of going to FSX Sim Objects/Aircraft and doing a copy and paste to P3DV2.4 Sim Objects/Aircraft with that tool running. Done it with the CRJ and 744 too, all 3 work fine.

Never had any problems with the tool myself, installs most FSX planes into P3Dv2.4 but there again you have got PTA working and I can't get it to work, in fact I don't know why but my P3DV3 fails to work when I try to load a flight.

I can feel a ginormous re install coming on:angry::ph34r::o:lol:

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

I am running FSX on another drive Jack, so it was just a case of going to FSX Sim Objects/Aircraft and doing a copy and paste to P3DV2.4 Sim Objects/Aircraft with that tool running. Done it with the CRJ and 744 too, all 3 work fine.

Never had any problems with the tool myself, installs most FSX planes into P3Dv2.4 but there again you have got PTA working and I can't get it to work, in fact I don't know why but my P3DV3 fails to work when I try to load a flight.

I can feel a ginormous re install coming on:angry::ph34r::o:lol:

I see Martyn, but you still need the tool.  But when you copy over from FSX, which I have on another drive from my 3.2, don't you have to figure out which effects and gausges you'd need too?  This is like finding a needle in a haystack.

Oh, and I feel your pain if you gotta reinstall, it takes weeks!  And you have so many planes too.  If you do it I hope all goes well.

3 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I see Martyn, but you still need the tool.  But when you copy over from FSX, which I have on another drive from my 3.2, don't you have to figure out which effects and gausges you'd need too?  This is like finding a needle in a haystack.

Oh, and I feel your pain if you gotta reinstall, it takes weeks!  And you have so many planes too.  If you do it I hope all goes well.

That is a good point Jack, I had never thought of that. Well the cockpit all seems to work well, there is a panel file and the sound I have replaced with a TSS one. I suppose effects are the only one that might be missing but I have not noticed that, indeed I am more than happy with these planes in P3D.

P3DV2.4 is working very well with the odd dummy spit and FSX has so little on it that it runs a treat. So I will wait for the new Central 3 to come out and after a couple of weeks if there are no major disasters with it I shall reinstall everything.

I am a bit puzzled with P3DV3 as I have only installed things that are V3 compliant, never mind, that's FS.:lol:

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

That is a good point Jack, I had never thought of that. Well the cockpit all seems to work well, there is a panel file and the sound I have replaced with a TSS one. I suppose effects are the only one that might be missing but I have not noticed that, indeed I am more than happy with these planes in P3D.

P3DV2.4 is working very well with the odd dummy spit and FSX has so little on it that it runs a treat. So I will wait for the new Central 3 to come out and after a couple of weeks if there are no major disasters with it I shall reinstall everything.

I am a bit puzzled with P3DV3 as I have only installed things that are V3 compliant, never mind, that's FS.:lol:

Hi Martyn, what is TSS?

That's too bad your V3 doesn't work.  But if I recall I'm not sure but I think at P3D they said two P3D's don't play nicely even on one PC.  I went through this very recently when I tried to keep 3.2 on one SSD and put an brand new 3.4.9 on another.  Leyt's just say it's a real good thing I have Acronis!

Jack, TSS is Turbine Sound Studios, I have the RB211 and CFM-56 sound packs to make the tube liners sound a lot better.:)

Actually I read on the P3D site that P3Dv2 and v3 will work on the same drive and they have been for almost a year, but since I came back from holidays V3 has been getting progressively temperamental and has now given up:(

13 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Jack, TSS is Turbine Sound Studios, I have the RB211 and CFM-56 sound packs to make the tube liners sound a lot better.:)

Actually I read on the P3D site that P3Dv2 and v3 will work on the same drive and they have been for almost a year, but since I came back from holidays V3 has been getting progressively temperamental and has now given up:(

I see.  Man, I used to work those RB211's on real L-10's.  Triple spool, high bypass, and powerful.  They have the most unique sound.  I worked the CFM-56's, small but very powerful.

I wonder why your V3 isn't working, wish I knew enough to help.  

Archived