Close to you, without the distortion.

VH-KDK

A while ago I brought Virtualcol's Otter, but did not fly It much as in the outside locked spot view the plane was barely visible in the distance and I like to fly outside as much as I can admiring the scenery and the plane.

I could view it closer by using the "+" key and likewise the  "-" key for moving it away. The only problem of course was that by moving the plane closer the scenery was badly distorted.

Earlier this year I found out, I have forgotten where, that  by holding down the Ctrl key and then tapping the "-" key the  plane would come closer but without any distortion, resulting in a great close up of an aircraft leaving the scenery looking as it should be. The plane could be moved away by holding down the Ctrl and tapping on the "+" key.

1.cp1.jpg

A close up using just the plus key to bring the aircraft towards us but distorts the scenery.

2.cp2.jpg

Holding down the Ctrl key and tapping the minus key brings just the plane closer leaving the scenery behind.

So for those who already knew this I have wasted 30 seconds of your time but I hope there are a few who were unaware of this and will find the info useful.

BTW as I consider this is a tip mainly for better screenshots I have put it in this section rather that The Tips, Tricks and Techniques section. 

Archived