Shall I, shan't I, shall I, shan't I. Oh bugger it why not.

VH-KDK

Been thinking about buying the new JF Meteor, a jet from an aviation era I like so much.

But do I really need another aircraft and it is a military jet, which are not really my cup of tea.

Anyway, this morning I saw Steve's (RepublicDC9) post with his L-39 and it sounds like his aircraft tastes are similar to mine. I have just done a heap of flights in ultralites and GA so time for something a bit faster.

1.mf1.jpg

Doing it by the manual from cold and dark.

2.mf2.jpg

Quite straightforward now I know where the switches and levers are.

3.mf3.jpg

All written down in a big book for next time.

4.mf4.jpg

Taking off from ETNT Wittmundhafen (love these German names) landed here the other day in an ultralite as the runway at EDWI was covered in trees. Easily fixed with a quick search in the Forum, a mine of useful information.

5.mf5.jpg

A beautiful plane, I like this.

6.mf6.jpg

Well done JF a great plane and along with the One Eleven you have actually started to put some first class sound sets with your planes.

7.mf7.jpg

Excellent view out of the side, a bit different to the Invader.

8.mf8.jpg

A well appointed cockpit, not all the switches work but the important ones do. Quite a simple plane to operate, it must be if I can manage it.

9.mf9.jpg

Looking down over the magnificent GEN scenery. 10 days and I've done it to death and only scratched the surface.

Ok so if you are looking for a great early British jet to fly I can recommend the Meteor.

If you are looking for some exceptional scenery to fly over and you don't have it yet I can recommend GEN.

Thanks Steve for helping me make my mind up but I have just hit a problem.

Now I have to try and land the bloody thing!

Good to see you're still having your Oscar Wilde moments, Martyn ("I can resist anything except temptation") Tempted by this myself, but I'll wait till it eventually appears in a sale I suspect. Definitely one from the schoolyard and Airfix days though.

Looks good, and lovely pix. She looks at home there (no idea if they were stationed out there in reality).

I have a post-80 year old friend, who did his English national service in the RAF .... and he was selected to fly the Meteor.

Dreadfully disappointed, he said pushing the throttle full forward made him feel he was being slapped in the back with a wet lettuce. However, he said it made up for it above 30kft.

But a lovely model indeed.  This is where the ability to replicate warbirds, and have them fly in automatic formation would be great.  Few Meteor or any other fast jet pilot flew alone.

Hi Martyn!

Looks like an awesome purchase!

I saw this on Frooglesim news last night and of course having similar tastes to you, I was intruiged!

I was just bragging to my wife about how I'd quit buying die cast airliners every few days, but she pointed out "Um...but it looks like you've been sending a lot of money to Australia?" ;)

There are worse vices than flight sim, she should have known that when I discovered those pre-order FS98 boxes at the software store during our Vegas honeymoon in 1997 (and I went back to gape every day!) there would be trouble!

Enjoy!  

Steve

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 7:39 PM, bernd1151 said:

Fantastic trip, Martyn and yes the Meteor is a great plane. A few months back I bought the equally impressive Canberra, so I'll pass the Meteor this time

When the Canberra is on sale I will think about it, heard it is an excellent plane.

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 7:45 PM, Voyager said:

I'm glad you're having fun with this aircraft. The roar of this jet plane filled my child ears, delighted with the new era.
Great screenshots for sure.

Voyager

iPad - Tapatalk

Cheers Voyager, even the passenger jets were noisy in those days.

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 8:06 PM, RJ said:

Great looking everything here, Martyn! Love the aircraft but will stay on props for a while. :)

Thanks RJ, same here but I will try and have a vintage jet flight regularly.

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 8:11 PM, andy1252 said:

Good to see you're still having your Oscar Wilde moments, Martyn ("I can resist anything except temptation") Tempted by this myself, but I'll wait till it eventually appears in a sale I suspect. Definitely one from the schoolyard and Airfix days though.

Looks good, and lovely pix. She looks at home there (no idea if they were stationed out there in reality).

Thanks Andy, never had a kit of this one but FS is so much better, I could never make a decent jet noise when flying the plastic kits.:huh::wacko::lol:

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 11:39 PM, macca22au said:

I have a post-80 year old friend, who did his English national service in the RAF .... and he was selected to fly the Meteor.

Dreadfully disappointed, he said pushing the throttle full forward made him feel he was being slapped in the back with a wet lettuce. However, he said it made up for it above 30kft.

But a lovely model indeed.  This is where the ability to replicate warbirds, and have them fly in automatic formation would be great.  Few Meteor or any other fast jet pilot flew alone.

The way I fly I need plenty of space around me!

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 11:51 PM, Taph said:

nice shots

Thanks Taph.

On ‎18‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 0:59 AM, BradB said:

Martyn your hanger "runneth over" with a rich assortment of AC .:rolleyes::D

Cheers

John

There were not too many military jets in it but now......

On ‎18‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 2:42 AM, Jack Sawyer said:

Great shots Martyn!  I always marveled at how they got jet engines inside the wings.

Same here Jack, especially how the wing (I imagine it is the spar) runs across the front of the engine.

On ‎18‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 2:44 AM, dolf8857 said:

#4 is a stunner and a verry nice set of shots!

Thanks Dolf.

On ‎18‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 3:47 AM, Stillwater said:

The least you can say is you have purchased a dosage of fun. Which is sometimes not easy to get.

Great VFM Gerold, which always makes me feel happy.:)

On ‎18‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 4:26 AM, PDX Flyer said:

All shots are top quality.  The last one especially impressed me.  I just wish I had a money tree to buy all of the planes that have tempted me lately.  And this is surely one of them.

Thanks PDF, well the saying "you can't take it with you" springs to mind. Also I have to spend it before others do.:o

On ‎18‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 5:46 AM, neucoas said:

Great purchase Martyn! And as allways, stunning pics

THanks Julian, hope you are going well.

On ‎18‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 6:15 AM, Iain Emms said:

Fantastic set indeed.

cheers

Iain

Cheers Iain.

23 hours ago, Republic DC-9 said:

Hi Martyn!

Looks like an awesome purchase!

I saw this on Frooglesim news last night and of course having similar tastes to you, I was intruiged!

I was just bragging to my wife about how I'd quit buying die cast airliners every few days, but she pointed out "Um...but it looks like you've been sending a lot of money to Australia?" ;)

There are worse vices than flight sim, she should have known that when I discovered those pre-order FS98 boxes at the software store during our Vegas honeymoon in 1997 (and I went back to gape every day!) there would be trouble!

Enjoy!  

Steve

Thanks Steve, much better than smokes, drink or the pokies.

Gives me heaps of fun and it is still there to enjoy tomorrow.

I am lucky that my finances are separate from the ball and chain, so I never have any worries.

I have 3 display cabinets full of die cast Hong Kong and UK buses, over 200 of them. Stopped buying them for a while after the a*se dropped out of the AU$.

Many thanks to all of you for your wonderful messages.

The JF Meteor is an excellent plane and I hope once I get used to flying this type of jet I will have it under control.:huh:

On ‎19‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 2:16 PM, Bermuda425 said:

Exorbitant set of shotz and megalong topic! Number 5 is my favorite!

Thank you Erik.

On ‎19‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 5:48 PM, mikee said:

Super shots Martyn :rolleyes:

Cheers Mike

On ‎19‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 9:07 PM, mp1852 said:

Great set of shots, great colors and a great plane. The JF Meteor is definitely on my buy list (Xmas is coming soon) ^_^

Thanks Marcus, not long till the fat man in red makes his visit nor maybe until the Meteor is on sale.

Thanky you 3 kind gents for your messages and interest.

Archived