To pee or not to pee, that is the question.

VH-KDK

Having spent the last few days in Lower Saxony I thought I would have a change of area and headed for Essen in the North Rhine Westphalia region.
A pleasant change after the flat costal area infested with impressive wind farms and lighthouses.

1.zs1.jpg

At Essen Mulheim EDLE another beautifully detailed airport.

2.zs2.jpg

Home to a blimp which is presumably safely tucked up in this magnificent hangar.

3.zs3.jpg

3a

4.zs4.jpg

Off for a very short flight (not intentional)

5.zs5.jpg

The Rhurtarlbruecke which carries the A52 road over the Rhur.

6.zs6.jpg

Approaching Dusseldorf an A320 passes underneath.

Don't know if anyone else encounters the same problem but I have found that when the sim has been paused for a while it soon gives up when the flight is continued as was the case here.

Great shots, Martyn, did the A320 catch you from underneath? Just kidding of course. Re your sim behaviour, I had similar issues with FSX and also P3D 2.5. But since I have switched to 3.4, those times seem to be gone for good. Now sometimes the sim pauses without prior warning as if it wanted to gain strength again, but then everything is fine once more

Ahh, I'd wondered about the title! All is clear now (or maybe a little amber?) Do I detect a new outfit on the horizon? A leather flying helmet and incontinence pants? (exit stage left, shuddering at the image)

And yes, I often leave a flight paused while I do something else (not necessarily that) and it often crashes soon after resuming. Doesn't like being ignored, maybe?

There is probably no consistency to this at all, but I've found on my system  (FSXDX10) that pausing, and then using alt tab to go to do something else while in full screen mode is a recipe for disaster.  If I use "alt enter" to go into windowed mode before I switch to another task I never have any issues .....

I am using Win 10 64 bit, build 1607

Cheers

Renault

Nice tour & geography lesson, Martyn.

PS1:

12 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Having spent the last few days in Lower Saxony

Unfortunate that we haven´t met while you´ve been around.

PS2: 

11 hours ago, andy1252 said:

yes, I often leave a flight paused while I do something else (not necessarily that) and it often crashes soon after resuming. Doesn't like being ignored, maybe?

I also leave my FSX quite often alone when RL takes its toll, even for hours, and even in PMDG birds. Knocking on wood, I did not encounter any issues so far.

12 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Don't know if anyone else encounters the same problem but I have found that when the sim has been paused for a while it soon gives up when the flight is continued as was the case here.

That is just the area you are flying in. The Ruhrgebiet in GEN is prone to VAS overload.

22 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Great shots, Martyn, did the A320 catch you from underneath? Just kidding of course. Re your sim behaviour, I had similar issues with FSX and also P3D 2.5. But since I have switched to 3.4, those times seem to be gone for good. Now sometimes the sim pauses without prior warning as if it wanted to gain strength again, but then everything is fine once more

Thanks Bernd. Sometimes my sim pauses and then continues too. In the FSX days that pause was always fatal.

22 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Ahh, I'd wondered about the title! All is clear now (or maybe a little amber?) Do I detect a new outfit on the horizon? A leather flying helmet and incontinence pants? (exit stage left, shuddering at the image)

And yes, I often leave a flight paused while I do something else (not necessarily that) and it often crashes soon after resuming. Doesn't like being ignored, maybe?

Cheers Andy. I suppose I will have to change my garb as I get older but not quite yet!

22 hours ago, RJ said:

Don't pee! :D:D:D

I can only hold on for so long RJ.

22 hours ago, renault said:

There is probably no consistency to this at all, but I've found on my system  (FSXDX10) that pausing, and then using alt tab to go to do something else while in full screen mode is a recipe for disaster.  If I use "alt enter" to go into windowed mode before I switch to another task I never have any issues .....

I am using Win 10 64 bit, build 1607

Cheers

Renault

Thanks Renault, shall give your suggestion a try.

21 hours ago, Voyager said:

Great details well captured in your screenshots.

Voyager

Thank you Voyager.

21 hours ago, PDX Flyer said:

Sooner or later, I guess we all have to go sometime.  Nice Pics.

Cheers, when you gotta go, you gotta go!

18 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

The great Bard would be amazed if he saw your screenshots and his little pun.  :lol:

He would never have guessed all those years ago for sure Jack.

18 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Superb shotz there and dangerous traffic close-up at the end! Ahhh, now I get the title!! Yeah, that's a crucial part of flying and you can use it to immerse into simming even more :lol:

Thank you Erik, sadly that was the end of the flight too. I will blame it on wake turbulence.

17 hours ago, olderndirt said:

A bean's a bean but a pee's a relief.

And when I've had a pee I have been:blink::wacko::lol:

12 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Great set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Cheers Iain.

10 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Nice tour & geography lesson, Martyn.

PS1:

Unfortunate that we haven´t met while you´ve been around.

PS2: 

I also leave my FSX quite often alone when RL takes its toll, even for hours, and even in PMDG birds. Knocking on wood, I did not encounter any issues so far.

Thanks Gerold. I will keep my eyes peeled for you.

Many thanks for your comments, interest and advice.

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 5:19 PM, andreas920 said:

Nice shots, in this area at Düsseldorf I spent my youth. After touchdown you can go to the Altstadt 

and have a glas of Altbier. This is light brown beer which tastes quite well. 

Cheers Andreas, sounds like a great thing to do.

On ‎18‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 1:19 AM, BradB said:

If you want to spend long hours flying without taking those annoying bladder breaks , this product is for you Martyn :

Cheers

John

Thanks for the advise John, I needed them last night when the hydraulics went AWOL when doing my first L-39 flight.

On ‎18‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 2:19 AM, dolf8857 said:

Verry nice shots Martyn!

Thank you Dolf.

Archived