Testing Adam's PTA file

Jack Sawyer

Setup, PAVD and Milford Sound.  Various seasons and with AS16 on and an Orbx weather theme.  HDR on too.  One thing I like about HDR is the smaller sun.

Global, Vector, SAK, NZSI, PAVD, Milford, Trees, the works.

I have to say, I see a noticeable improvement, and I know these settings are way over my head.

But I like the haze in the distance too.

Sorry for so many, I got carried away with the V key like Mr. Venema.

X0uTgXD.jpg

6C5RITa.jpg

9JiANfH.jpg

90bkGK5.jpg

flsME1M.jpg

fr2eLqk.jpg

yrEj1eI.jpg

coONqBb.jpg

z287ofT.jpg

RnPhwCd.jpg

55MUILJ.jpg

n3XVS5q.jpg

chHvqtD.jpg

yc8nCMo.jpg

UWpeNkB.jpg

tm7hZZ1.jpg

C28MjqS.jpg

AYYxSo0.jpg

k34zw6Z.jpg

hBAhSkQ.jpg

fHy7tit.jpg

juBNvbO.jpg

wAwZOme.jpg

fbGbrqx.jpg

N8GuqqG.jpg

V3LZU8J.jpg

WK9ebVZ.jpg

XPUegdR.jpg

Thanks guys, Adam's PTA settings have dramatically changed the sim.  But why does it rebuild some shaders every single time I run P3D?  I have only ran PTA once, load his shader set, and whenever I run P3D now I see the plane and the background being rebuilt for a second or two.

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks guys, Adam's PTA settings have dramatically changed the sim.  But why does it rebuild some shaders every single time I run P3D?  I have only ran PTA once, load his shader set, and whenever I run P3D now I see the plane and the background being rebuilt for a second or two.

I hope you're not re-applying PTA every time you run the P3D!!! :lol:. You only need to do it the once.

It'll take a while to rebuild everything - depending on how quickly you visit each different region.

Nice pics, BTW! I see you got NZMF in what appears to be our current weather!!!

Adam.

On October 13, 2016 at 5:58 PM, BradB said:

These look shots look great Jack , I am in the process of a complete reinstall with P3Dv3.4 . My plan is to use PTA also . :):)

Cheers

John

Ouch!  I would rather walk on hot coals than have to do that.  I'd rather pay someone to do it.  It's just too much work.  It took me 5 1/2 months to get my sim to where it is now and it would probably take that long again.  Good luck John!

4 hours ago, rapsta71 said:

Very nice shots jack. I see a lot of screenies here from the people if not most coming from p3d. It seems to be a little bit darker than FSX or not? Or is it a filter? I like that look :)

I think P3D exaggerates the onset of darkness too much (compared to FSX). A couple of hours either side of mid-day is fine, but 3pm looks more like 5pm - and 9am looks more like 7am. With HDR enabled, I'm finding it really hard to get a good balanace across the whole day.

I prefer the hours outside the middle slot, as you get more pronounced scenery/terrain shadows, but I'm finding they can look a tiny bit "gloomy". If I lighten up too much, mid-day gets all bleached out. Still some tweaks to go. I reckon!

Adam.

Archived