3 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice, was just there!  Small world.

This shot is a couple of months old Jack. Started flying around the coast of Honshu but with holidays and now GEN I didn't get very far. I will have to resurrect the trip as Japan is a wonderful place to fly since Global came out.

3 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I couldn't agree more Martyn.  It's lovely and very densely populated.  There's a lot to see.

Yep, doesn't have to be mountainous to be captivating. Just about to hop from Teldau to Luneburg in the Piper Sport to pick up the Texan with the rude regestration:o:D

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 1:25 PM, Bermuda425 said:

An exotic shot and somehow that special V tail fits the Japanese landscape as does the orange white livery!

Thanks Erik, a favourite plane of mine and a great place to fly too.

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 1:42 PM, Sammy H said:

Spectacular shot here!

Cheers Sammy.

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 1:59 PM, RJ said:

Beautiful as ever Martyn! :)

Thanks RJ.

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 7:36 PM, Voyager said:

Cracking shot of so nice view.

Voyager

iPad - Tapatalk

Thanks RJ.

7 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine shot.

cheers

Iain

Cheers Iain.

7 hours ago, Vora said:

Very peaceful setting.

Reading the title immediately struck a chord in me. That famous footage showing Kesennuma being hit by the tsunami was really heartbreaking to watch.

Thanks, I will never forget that afternoon. Got home from work and the BBC News website was just starting to report the quake. Sat down for dinner a few minutes later and watched the event unfolding, live , on sky news. It was dreadful to watch and imagine what was going on down there.

Many thanks for your wonderful comments.

Archived