Very low pass jet

Julio Garcia

Dynamic shot, beautiful plane.

11 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

The F-4 has to be the coolest looking plane ever designed in the US.  With the slanted stabs to the turned up wingtips it still looks futuristic.  Love this jet!

This plane really stood out with its unusual wings when I first saw it in an Observers book when I was very young.

Just now, VH-KDK said:

Dynamic shot, beautiful plane.

This plane really stood out with its unusual wings when I first saw it in an Observers book when I was very young.

Yeah, I always wondered what the stuffy shirts at the Pentagon must have thought when they saw this very unconventional design.  I LOVE the way this plane looks.  I used to see them every day at my base I was stationed at.  The afterburners would be smoking the runway because it pointed directly down at the runway.  It was very cool!

27 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Yeah, I always wondered what the stuffy shirts at the Pentagon must have thought when they saw this very unconventional design.  I LOVE the way this plane looks.  I used to see them every day at my base I was stationed at.  The afterburners would be smoking the runway because it pointed directly down at the runway.  It was very cool!

Stayed one night at the Old Course Hotel, St Andrews in the early 70s and spent a lot of time watching the Phantoms coming and going from the nearby Leuchars RAF base. An unforgettable sight especially at dusk. The large flock of Gannets there  were impressive too, diving for fish. Gannet seabirds that is.:huh:

Archived