Ferry flight

Jack Sawyer

Latest gig, ferrying a DO-228 from Anchorage Alaska to, wait for it, Australia.  Gonna love this!

Just eight but the flight was from PANC, Anchorage, PAKK, Koyuk Alaska, and landed at PASH, New Shismaref Alaska.  Took off at dawn.

Acq0Oel.jpg

thuiayQ.jpg

q2AKgqw.jpg

KvnHb1M.jpg

C9YUed7.jpg

RsTcWDA.jpg

GK6yUxZ.jpg

sn59pUj.jpg

16 minutes ago, Bermuda425 said:

Bang-up series of shotz! If you're really going to make it all the way to OZ that'd be awesome!

That's my intentions Erik, if the guy who owns it in FSE world allows it but he "hired" me and my friend to do it so it'll be fun.  These are my favorite things to do in P3D/FSX, FSE ferry flights over Orbx land!  :)  I actually use my wife's red yarn and a map to keep a visual log of my flights.  Great fun!

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I actually use my wife's red yarn and a map to keep a visual log of my flights.  Great fun!

Using unvirtual things while simming makes it sooo much more immersive, like a printed checklist or hardware or a manual or book to span the long cruises or what you do!

7 minutes ago, Bermuda425 said:

Using unvirtual things while simming makes it sooo much more immersive, like a printed checklist or hardware or a manual or book to span the long cruises or what you do!

I agree Erik.  I was thinking tonight about getting a little fan and placing it on my desk for when I fly the Waco.  I'd have wind like an open cockpit flight!  :P

9 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I agree Erik.  I was thinking tonight about getting a little fan and placing it on my desk for when I fly the Waco.  I'd have wind like an open cockpit flight!  :P

Lovely set of shots, Jack.

.  .  and I now have a very scary mental image of you at your sim <grin>.

(and don't even think about rigging up a shower head for those rainy flights)

1 minute ago, andy1252 said:

Lovely set of shots, Jack.

.  .  and I now have a very scary mental image of you at your sim <grin>.

(and don't even think about rigging up a shower head for those rainy flights)

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!

Andy, you made my morning just now, I almost had tea come out my nose!  A scary mental image and a shower head.  Hey, that's a good idea!  :lol:  Thanks for the belly laugh!

Outstanding set of shots Jack, some great colours.

Looking forwards to following your trip to Oz.

For added realism you can collect some grasshoppers from your garden and throw them into the fan to simulate the locust swarms we sometimes get in Australia. A bit messy but it adds to the realism:o

19 minutes ago, Taph said:

Nice set, you can use crushed ice cubes from the fridge for sleet :D

10 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Outstanding set of shots Jack, some great colours.

Looking forwards to following your trip to Oz.

For added realism you can collect some grasshoppers from your garden and throw them into the fan to simulate the locust swarms we sometimes get in Australia. A bit messy but it adds to the realism:o

You guys are cracking me up!  :lol:  Why didn't I think of that!  

Somebody get on to Dovetail Games - I can see the making of a new sim here.

7 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

For added realism you can collect some grasshoppers from your garden and throw them into the fan to simulate the locust swarms we sometimes get in Australia. A bit messy but it adds to the realism

Better still, anybody know any venture capitalists?

Archived