Recommended by TTM

Jack Sawyer

Nice combo of shots Jack.

For another adventure, set season as Winter, start in Nelson & head due West until you strike the Tasman Sea.

Turn left 90 degrees & follow the South Island coastline down to Milford Sound.

You should get some great views of the Southern Alps on your left as you get further South.

After landing at Milford Sound & refueling - head out West again, then follow the coast line South down to the Fiordland region, (very rugged), then follow the curve of the coastline as it swings you Eastwards, & land at Bluff.

After resting up, leave Bluff & head South to fly over to  Stewart Island - very picturesque.

TTM

1 hour ago, BradB said:

A very scenic trip Jack , that looks like the default Queenstown or do have the Orbx upgrade ?? .

Cheers

John

Thank you John, with all I bought recently, Waco, Staggerwing, 228, N/A OLC, SCA, Norway, and ENNK I don't think the wifey will go for it.  Must wait till next month.  But I'll need Queenstown in the future to be sure.  She likes my hobby and she's keen on my buying Palm Springs!  She loves the interior.

Thanks Adam, it has quickly become one of my favorite planes.  I just bought the Waco and like it but there's something about that Staggerwing.  It was a lot of fun using TTM's route suggestions.  He gave me four and one more today and I plan on doing them all, and spending some time trying to find that little strip near Milford.  There's a heck of a lot of strips there too.  Little tiny strips and helicopter pads.  I'm astonished by the beauty of that country.  Absolutely incredible beauty.  You're lucky, you got everything there.  You'd hate living here after NZ man.  

I must admit I feel doubly blessed. To have NZ in RL and to have the ORBX equivalent on my PC! It is indeed a beautiful country - and the natives are friendly!

One of my most memorable trips in NZ was from Ardmore (NZAR) to Ohakea (NZOH) in the beautifully restored Dakota (ZK-DAK). Literally two minutes after take-off, all you saw was bush. "Where did all those people go?" I wondered. Being stuck in Auckland up north, I have yet to see the South Island fully ... but it's on my "Bucket List".

Adam.

Archived