PNW Firetower helipads unlandable.

Rotornut44

Hello.

Just reporting a bug I found. This may be an ORBX Libraries bug, but figured I would post here as its relating to PNW. Visited a few helipads around Ranger Creek, Washington today and discovered that the wood helipads do not have landable surfaces.

DZcB9GS.jpg

-CB

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2016 at 8:48 AM, Griphos said:

Hmmmm....must be a recent issue. I've landed on those many times in the past. 

Another friend of mine had said this as well, although he used FSX. May be worth another trip out there to see if it was just a glitch. I have experienced solid platforms disappearing from objects in the past. Usually they fix themselves after another sim load. I'll fire the sim back up and run out there again.

Hi Christopher,

Looking at your pictures it appears that the mesh had not completely resolved to the point of creating the correct elevation for the hard landing surface, which would explain why a second test attempt has been successful. Maybe your PC resources were overtaxed in your first test, usually pressing pause for 30seconds or reloading the Scenery Library at this point would have displayed the correct elevations for the mountain and landing platform.

I have checked the tower in your picture (Mount Freemont FT), and quite a few of the others in the immediate area around Mount Rainer although they were a real challenge to land, my skids on default FSX R22 rested firmly on the timbers without sinking.

Archived