SCA manual

Jack Sawyer

Is there any way to get a clearer page 11 of the manual?  I can't read the airport or other names, even when I enlarge it.  I don't use google earth or those kmz files so I have no idea what they are and really don't want to as I just don't like google.

All I'd ask is if someone, anyone could give me a larger, clearer screen of page 11.

If it's at all possible I would very much appreciate it.

Jack

Just now, Triplane said:

Sorry, but no help here Jack. I hadn't needed to look at it before but now I see mine's terrible too. Me thinks it's just too much stuff at too low a resolution to be of any use. Maybe one of the staff has a good idea.   -  Doug

I hope so Doug because it's unusable and I use these a LOT in my iPad when flying or planning flights.  :(

You can view the coverage and features map shown on the previous page interactively in Google Earth by loading the FTX SCA Coverage and Features Map.kmz which you will find in your ORBX\User Documents subfolder in your FSX/P3D root folder. Once loaded into Google Earth, you can select all or some of the features included in the scenery, and the corresponding icons will appear inside the map boundary. You can click on each item on the map for a popup balloon which provides details for that airport or POI. This is a useful tool to begin to explore the features and points of interest included in FTX NA SCA

Cheers

John

PS - Google could be a new friend Jack . :D:)

Just now, BradB said:

You can view the coverage and features map shown on the previous page interactively in Google Earth by loading the FTX SCA Coverage and Features Map.kmz which you will find in your ORBX\User Documents subfolder in your FSX/P3D root folder. Once loaded into Google Earth, you can select all or some of the features included in the scenery, and the corresponding icons will appear inside the map boundary. You can click on each item on the map for a popup balloon which provides details for that airport or POI. This is a useful tool to begin to explore the features and points of interest included in FTX NA SCA

Cheers

John

Thanks John and I appreciate your reply but I absolutely refuse to use google for anything for certain reasons.  I'd rather not use a computer ever again than use google.  I always make sure any trace of them is gone from my Mac's browser, I just can't tolerate them.  It sounds like a cool feature but well, no to google.

All I wish is for a bigger clearer map, heck I'd pay for it.

Disagree.

All I ask is for a better map. I just bought this yesterday.  I have all of Orbx's full regions and keep the manuals on my iPad and use them to zoom in on those maps.  This is the only one that is not legible.

If I choose to not use google then that's my prerogative.

Hi Richard, perhaps you don't understand what I mean.  I don't mind that you used google's data for the scenery what I DO mind is having to use google for maps.

I spent $54 yesterday for SCA and if I had known the map would be so illegible I never would have bought it as I use these maps all the time, like every flight.

When you bought the product, you have accepted EULA and term of uses. So you bought a kmz file with the scenery, not another kind of file. You can open it with notepad or another program to extract data. The file is not locked in use exclusively for Googlen Earth

1 minute ago, Richard Bui said:

When you bought the product, you have accepted EULA and term of uses. So you bought a kmz file with the scenery, not another kind of file. You can open it with notepad or another program to extract data. The file is not locked in use exclusively for Googlen Earth

Hello again Richard and thank you for taking the time to respond to my post.  Yes, of course I accepted the EULA, otherwise I wouldn't have seen the map in the first place as it never would have been installed.

I'm aware that I can open with with Notepad, however, I wonder if something is getting lost in translation.

I'll reiterate, the map is not legible, this map I use constantly in my other regions.  This one, because of reasons of legibility I cannot.  Hence my desiring a better clearer map.  As posted in this thread above I am not the only one.

Have a nice day.

I'm with you Jack. This is crazy. Like you, there is no way I'll give Google access to anything on my computer (talk about privacy issues). And Richard, I don't understand the problem. Telling us that some obscure EULA statement is the overriding factor or rule is just plain crappy customer service. All we want is a legible map - not some lecture about contractual fine print.

Doug

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Is there any way to get a clearer page 11 of the manual? 

17 minutes ago, Triplane said:

All we want is a legible map ...

I did it in 4 JPG parts. You can download those here :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ozbh5z4ydbnl4m1/SCA-1.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hc1em90jl09njta/SCA-2.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vyd57mntao932j3/SCA-3.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0vzms2vltgerkft/SCA-4.JPG?dl=0

4 minutes ago, Mikelab6 said:

Mike, gosh that was extremely nice of you!  Thank you very much!!!  I really appreciate it.  They are large and crystal clear.  This is exactly what I needed. I can't thank you enough. 

Why not use Plan-G if one has such strong views about Google, Google Maps etc.

Plan-G, and add whatever sort of map you like from the free Mapbox subscription service?

Gees.  Everyone knows that its quite possible that our gov'ts, our local and national law enforcement, certain foreign govts whatever are monitoring, tracking everything we do, nothings private or secret anymore. One can fight the war on privacy, malware but anything is subject to assess if one has the skills.  If someone can make it, then someone can take it apart.

Or this:

UPDATED to Version 1.2: BSSMM - The Moving Map by BlueSkyScenery
http://www.blueskyscenery.com/index.html

Bryan

1 minute ago, fltsimguy said:

Plan-G, and add whatever sort of map you like from the free Mapbox subscription service?

Gees.  Everyone knows that our gov'ts, our local and national law enforcement, the Russians, the Chinese whatever are monitoring, tracking everything we do, nothings private or secret anymore. One can fight the war on privacy, malware but anything is subject to assess if one has the skills.  If someone can make it, then someone can take it apart.

Or this:

Bryan

Good point, Bryan.  And for what's worth, I use Plan-G to plan my flights between Orbx airports, both payware and freeware, using all the kmz files supplied by Orbx and other users, of whom there are at least two who supply kmz files for the freeware airports.  One need not use Google Earth, although I do for third party developers' airports.

I know this sounds very simple but I just like to have a map from the full fat reion open on my iPad and zoom in on it and just meander around from airport to airport.  As for wanting legibility, I just want to be able to fly to all, or as many as I can, of the Orbx airports on that map.

I like to fly low and slow and know what airport is next or close by.

19 minutes ago, fltsimguy said:

Gees.  Everyone knows that its quite possible that our gov'ts, our local and national law enforcement, certain foreign govts whatever are monitoring, tracking everything we do, nothings private or secret anymore. One can fight the war on privacy, malware but anything is subject to assess if one has the skills.  If someone can make it, then someone can take it apart.

Or this:

Bryan

And that's exactly why I unplug my computer every night and put on a tin-foil hat before going to bed.

4 minutes ago, Triplane said:

And that's exactly why I unplug my computer every night and put on a tin-foil hat before going to bed.

I have very different reasons for not liking google but will not mention it.  I just don't like them.  I'm well aware of what the governments can are are doing and I know there's nothing anyone can do about it and I have nothing to hide so that doesn't bother me, it's ubiquitious now. 

:) All I wanted was a legible map and now thanks to Mike I'm happy.  I can fly the way I like to fly.

I know there's a lot of cool tools like these out there and I have a lot of respect for the guys who use them but for me it's yet another learning curve.  Sure it's part of the hobby but I just like to fly.  And have a good map...:lol:

4 minutes ago, Mikelab6 said:

Did you try "FLY BY WIFI LITE" ?  It's a free IPAD app., a moving map and you can also dial your NAV freq through it.

http://www.flybywifi.net/?page_id=351

Mike

I'd like to Mike but I'm still using IOS 6.1.3 and refuse to upgrade becuause I use Pages a lot and in the newest version they destroyed it.  It gets zillions of 1 star ratings.  So I keep my Pages and live without the latest apps.  Pages is the most important program in my life, even more so that P3D.

Archived