Where is P3Dv3.5 terrain.cfg file?

The title says it. I'm trying to install Tongues Fjords into P3Dv3.5, following Poppet's excellent guide. However I can't find the terrain.cfg file anywhere, to copy the 40 texture files over from fsx...it's not showing in my main p3d folder, nor can I see it in appdata LM folder.

Any help please?

Don

If you install Tongass via the inbuilt installer and point it to P3D then drop your scenery.cfg and Terrain cfg into P3D directory during the install process, it will do all that 40+ required entries for you. After it is installed remove the scenery & terrain cfgs back to their original location ( both are in as pmb says, ProgramData/LockheedMartin). Tongass is easy to install, the problem of perceived difficulty is the result of LM moving the scenery and terrain cfgs out of the sim directory to Program Data whereas FSX for which Tongass installer was designed, had the 2 cfgs in the FSX directory. Once that is done check to see if Tongass appears in your Scenery Library. If not then add to it ensuring you place the Higher and Lower in correct order and go fly.

Poppies instructions are indeed very good but i found a much easier, less complicated way.

Archived