Introducing FTX Innsbruck: The Capital of the Alps!

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Jarrad, quick question regarding AI Traffic. In the past (on other LOWI Sceneries)  it was always an issue due to the mountains around that the Traffic lands "as usual" on 26 or 08. Is there any solution on that one?

Thanks

Regards,

Mark

On 06/02/2017 at 3:34 AM, jetset said:

Hi Jarrad, quick question regarding AI Traffic. In the past (on other LOWI Sceneries)  it was always an issue due to the mountains around that the Traffic lands "as usual" on 26 or 08. Is there any solution on that one?

Thanks

Regards,

Mark

The airport has custom approaches for both runways 08 and 26. These will vector ILS AI traffic along real world flight paths through the valleys avoiding the surrounding mountains.

These approaches will not work for AI traffic on VFR flight plans though.

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 3:14 AM, Jarrad Marshall said:

Hi guys, thanks very much for your (keen) interest, even though I'm very quiet on the forums at the moment, it is much appreciated. Those that have been around ORBX for a while know that I don't normally preview new products until they are very close to release; LOWI is an exception that was done for a specific reason (which doesn't need revisiting). It is taking longer than I was intending, but I also hope that you guys all will enjoy the extra polish that is going into this project. Keep an eye out for more previews; once you start seeing shots of the completed airport, seasons, night lighting etc, this will give you all a better idea of where the project is at.

Thanks again for your patience, I am hoping that the result be worth the wait for you all. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Jarrad, thanks for the comments.  It is always nice to get a peek under the hood. 

Nobody has earned more leeway than you, sir, considering the pace at which you continually crank out master craftsmanship work.  Release this thing in 6 months if you need to.  We'll be here.

A couple new screenies wouldn't suck, though. : )

• 3 weeks later...
On 7.2.2017 at 10:01 AM, Graham Eccleston said:

The airport has custom approaches for both runways 08 and 26. These will vector ILS AI traffic along real world flight paths through the valleys avoiding the surrounding mountains.

These approaches will not work for AI traffic on VFR flight plans though.

Great to learn a strategy has been found to get some realistic air life into the airport, too. This will strongly enhance the pleasure!

Couldn't bear any more longing for this... I had to release the compulsive scenery shopper monkey and bought Stewart (CZST) too soothe its savage thirst. :lol:

I hope my wife will never come to know how much I spent on Orbx sceneries during the Christmas sale! :wacko:

4 hours ago, Adriano72 said:

Couldn't bear any more longing for this... I had to release the compulsive scenery shopper monkey and bought Stewart (CZST) too soothe its savage thirst. :lol:

I hope my wife will never come to know how much I spent on Orbx sceneries during the Christmas sale! :wacko:

I hear that 72 ... I open FTX Central and it is pretty well lit now:P 

They do make fine estocking stuffers too;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi,

In a post a few pages above, it is stated, that the scenery blends with  either FTX Global Base or OpenLC EU.

I have none of these, could I still install/use this scenery, even though the transitions may look a little bit sub-optimal :-) ?

I have the old "Austria Professional X" (not photo-realistic) installed as my 'base'.

Cheers,

Siggy

Gooday Jarrad, thank you, it worked, no problem. With FSX default, Austria Pro X and ORBX LOWI in place, it is difficult to know where possible transitions come from, but I have not seen anything terrible :-), but only did a short flight from LOWI to EDNY (Friedrichshafen/Lake Constance). In the end we will have ORBX Germany South joining the LOWI area and at least the northern border of the LOWI area will have a perfect transition.

Cheers,

Siggy

Archived