Introducing FTX Innsbruck: The Capital of the Alps!

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are simply fantastic! Very beautiful scenery and with low frame!
I hope you keep a long time with Fsx and P3D and
Innsbruck will be available in a few days.... maybe before Christmas?
Best wishes to each of you! :)

....from Pavia, Italy

Agreed patience.  Surely there is somewhere one can fly that's new and interesting?

Jarred's one of the best in the business, let him take however long he likes, who knows what might be going on in his real life. I am just coming off of three week of significant sickness and pneumonia; one never knows what stuff may impact a one man operation.

cheers and Merry Christmas.

Bryan

1 hour ago, fltsimguy said:

Agreed patience.  Surely there is somewhere one can fly that's new and interesting?

Jarred's one of the best in the business, let him take however long he likes, who knows what might be going on in his real life. I am just coming off of three week of significant sickness and pneumonia; one never knows what stuff may impact a one man operation.

cheers and Merry Christmas.

Bryan

It will be worth the wait

20 hours ago, vr1 said:

It's a very long time since LOWI was announced at August 24th, 2016. And now it's a roadmap 2017 project

Enjoy what you already have and be excited of what is coming. That is twice the fun! :)

Jarred is one of the best and when they say that this will be his best then it's surely worth waiting!

With all those releases happening right now, I wish LOWI would join in. I like to believe Orbx are testing how their servers can handle huge numbers of downloads with all those current releases, maybe to deliver us LOWI as a "small" Christmas present to spend time on it during our holidays? ;) However, since this is the only thread so far, the chance to see it this year looks a bit weak but I would love to be wrong.

Hi All, As Innsbruck obviously will not be part of the sale it doesn't matter now if it arrives next year,it would have made a nice Christmas present.Now maybe a New Year one or even Easter. The piece of software I am waiting for is FS Labs A320X for P3D. I can just imagine flying into Innsbruck in that.

Well, I think for most of us it's going to be a purchase on day one (just as I did with FlyTampa's EHAM this Sunday or FTX GEN which I got in the first hour). We know the high quality standards we can expect from Orbx and if Innsbruck already ranks high on your list of favourite airports then there's no sense in attempting to hold back until the next sale, right? When JustSim's LOWI released (on the same day as Orbx Innsbruck was announced) I was already on the brink of buying it but still held out to wait for Orbx's version. So regardless of being in a sale or not (only releases before November were included, if I'm not mistaken), Innsbruck would still make a great christmas present for me even if I have to pay the full price. :) But of course, everyone is free to decide to hold off for 5 month until the next sale starts.

41 666 views of this post and counting! Staggering. Hope the servers are well prepared (no doubt the download will be >> 1 GB) . . . . it looks awesome and even better than what we have come to expect for Jarrad the Master (if that is even possible).

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/27/2016 at 0:39 AM, John Venema said:

Release is not imminent, Jarrad still has some work to do, I think January is a safe bet though :)

Not long then :)

Can I ask...well am sure I can ask but getting an answer might be different  :D:)

Can I ask what the VAS foot print is since its close to release.

Longest wait for an airport EVER... :P... have looked at the teaser pictures once a week and am still gobsmacked...
I'm on P3Dv3.4 and LOWI is the only reason I sometimes fire up FSX with Aerosofts version on it to make the trip from LOWW or EDDM.
Sooooo looking forward to this....

18 hours ago, John Venema said:

Oh those screenshots are way old. Wait until you see the airport in all its glory in the current build.

Beta is not far away now, it will be worth the wait :) 

I'm sorry but Johns been repeating that for over 3 months now,I'll believe it when I see it.

Hi guys, thanks very much for your (keen) interest, even though I'm very quiet on the forums at the moment, it is much appreciated. Those that have been around ORBX for a while know that I don't normally preview new products until they are very close to release; LOWI is an exception that was done for a specific reason (which doesn't need revisiting). It is taking longer than I was intending, but I also hope that you guys all will enjoy the extra polish that is going into this project. Keep an eye out for more previews; once you start seeing shots of the completed airport, seasons, night lighting etc, this will give you all a better idea of where the project is at.

Thanks again for your patience, I am hoping that the result be worth the wait for you all. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Archived