Introducing FTX Innsbruck: The Capital of the Alps!

One question to developer. Have RW26 lead in lights? If so, are they animated?

I can remember when i used my Aerosoft version of LOWI for FSX (2010 or so) they where animated.

(I'm not sure if they are there in real life, but maybe other simmers, real life pilots can answer that!)

But anyway, a great scenery comin to life. Congrats.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, B77X said:

The graphics on approach and landing are important for flying a flightsim.

For me is more important that the whole scenery is good looking in acceptable frames. shure, the Airports here are phantastic and I got a lot of them, but not all.
First comes for me the landclass. When I fly a hour, there are 50 minutes at the air and 10 minutes for Landing and parking. And for the Money of two Airports, i became a whole continent to explore ^_^

Nice!

You wait around for a decent LOWI for years then 2 come along at once! I already bought the Justsim and installed in FSX, but I will probably get this version for P3D as that is where I have my FTX stuff and I'm only running FSX for the A320X once the P3D version comes, it will be goodnight FSX! :)

Hi Jarrad

Congratulations on this magnificent acheivement .

It really is nice , and the addition of the local region is a wonderful touch , 275 nm .... WoW .

I love the trains .

You have provided far more than any of us could ever wish for .... thanks .

Cheers

Karol

9 hours ago, Bakern said:

One question to developer. Have RW26 lead in lights? If so, are they animated?

I can remember when i used my Aerosoft version of LOWI for FSX (2010 or so) they where animated.

(I'm not sure if they are there in real life, but maybe other simmers, real life pilots can answer that!)

But anyway, a great scenery comin to life. Congrats.

Hello Bakern,

Yes this lights exists. They are called "Directional High Intensity Lights". This Lights have 5 stages.

On some winter days when the clouds are low, this lights run usually on max so that the whole cloud ceiling is flashing up :D

On the old Aerosoft scenery the lights are actually way to weak.

There are also some other lights, i think they are called "Terrain Obstacle Lights" this are red and have a cycle of ca. 5 sec. light and 3 sec. dark. I cant remember exactly, next time i will look at them :)

I know it will be good...so I have two questions:

one -  the standing water... is it always there?  is it there only when rains?  does it evaporate?  Ive never seen free standing water yet.  I wasn't sure P3D could do that.

two - the dusk shot with city lights (or maybe dawn) - what sunset/sunrise is that?  who made it?  REX? Hi Fi?

thanks.  great work.

9 hours ago, Siggy said:

Looks fantastic! Are any of the trains moving? That would contribute quite a bit to immersion. My current LOWI scenery has that and it is nice to see "live on the rail tracks" too.

Siggy

In the OP Jarrad says 'animated trains' so... unless he means the train doors and windows will open and close all the time I think this means they are moving indeed. ;) There are '5x animated trains over 30km of routes' so I think that should work for immersion!

10 hours ago, Siggy said:

Looks fantastic! Are any of the trains moving? That would contribute quite a bit to immersion. My current LOWI scenery has that and it is nice to see "live on the rail tracks" too.

Siggy

Yes, the trains are animated, i. e. moving.

1 hour ago, sim123 said:

Has the scenery development been finished ?

for testing already in any

alpha or beta stages.

Have you read Jarrad's OP carefully? There he says:

"Work is ongoing with this airport; we are deep in development and beta testing mode, and as always, no release date is given. I would ask you to please not ask for release dates (thank-you in advance, sincerely!)."

Incredible detail all over so a vast area, what a hughe work must it be to put all this in place. Jarrad you're really a master in scenery design, thats for sure!

Looking forward to the release...for happy VFR-flyings.

I just went back and reread the intro. One question. I have Global Base, and it says you can have either Global Base OR the Open LC Europe for the scenery colors to match. Am I correct in saying that if I add in the Europe LC, the other areas around Innsbruck and elsewhere will be more accurate than just using Global Base? I am planning on adding in the German sceneries as soon as they hit the store. Thanks!

Don

I hope the servers are ready for this one? Everyone will have to have this!:D

I just installed my old Approaching Innsbruck from AS, on P3dv3......Oh dear! :rolleyes: This will get a rapid uninstall after the Orbx release!

An exciting Orbx add on, anticipated with relish, thank you Orbx!:)

Best Regards

David

You guys at Orbx must be magicians.  Every release gets better and better.  I will be buying this the very second it came out because a certain maker of Innsbruck will not support it for P3D as I already have it for FSX but never use FSX any more.  Orbx is WAY better.

simply stunning, i can see this being a massive massive hit for all.  I can see it being even more appealing if its proven to be not to bad on the magic numbers when it comes to flying 3rd party tube liners into the area as i know its very very popular with virtual airlines to fly i and out of.

Archived