Slow FPS After Airports Installs

Lepres

Started putting all my past FTX regions and airports purchases back into my new PC and everything works great with FPS of 30 solid and constant.

But right after adding 2WA1, 1S2, 1WA6, 3W5, WA56, the FPS went down to 15 to 20+ and very choppy when looking in certain direction. This was not the case, say for 74S and many others before these 5 airports were installed.

I went to Scenery setting and untick these 5 airports, but still the problem persists. Even turning off all settings in Config of the airport does not help.

So I thought maybe I should uninstall these 5, but FTX Central Uninstall utility only show South California region and nothing else for me to select.

Please advise what I may do to get back my FPS of 30, which was rock solid constant earlier.

Note : I followed all procedures such as running latest Orbx library each time after installing each airport.

Thanks.

Edit : FSS0185358 / FSS0185296 / FSS0185208 / FSS0185181 / FSS0182392 / + many more purchased over the years .....

Lepres

UPDATE :

I ran a test on all my FTX airports and here are the results :-

Airports other than the 5 (see above) just installed today -- 2WA1 / 74S / CZST / KBVS / KCMV / KJAC / W16 (These 7 were installed yesterday and all tested okay at 30 FPS).

Affected airports with low FPS -- WA56 / S43 / 74S (these 3 have real bad FPS) --- 74S was totally smooth and okay yesterday. KBVS and W16 seem partially affected too, but better.

How can I try uninstall WA56 and S43 to see if 74S and KBVS and W16 get better? I only see Southern California under the Uninstall section of FTX Central.

More importantly, what could be the problem? In my old PC, WA56 was known to give bad FPS too, while others were better.

Thank you.

Lepres

Lepres,

The FAQ has an "Uninstalling FTX Airports - a quick guide".

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/30376-uninstalling-ftx-airports-a-quick-guide/

Perhaps the staff can give you some ideas on what may be causing your problems.

I do know that the Puget Sound is notoriously hard on FPS.  Especially when you have lots of Orbx airports in close proximity, with all their details enabled.

Perhaps the staff can confirm the correct procedure with FTX Central 2.

I think you can just follow the rest of the procedure.  It is just manually removing all the files for a particular airport.

I'm still curious what the staff has to say about your FPS.  I can understand airport performance being affected by another airport close by, like W16 & S43 affecting each other.  However, I would think that unchecking one of them in the scenery library would completely remove any affects on the other one, without needing to uninstall.

Archived