Minneapolis-St Paul

andy1252

Grabbed a moment to explore and thought I'd go see the Twin Cities. Had several trips to St Paul in a previous life and kinda liked the place. Only one trip into Minneapolis itself, and the only thing I remember (I think) is a very nice old '30s diner in an Airstream or similar.

Not looking too bad in OLC NA, not up to full fat standards of course but quite fun. Hovering over the airport, Minneapolis ahead on the left, St Paul on the right

W9xXujE.jpg

Just outside the airport is shoppers' paradise - the Mall of America. I think it was the biggest mall in the world at the time, or maybe there was a bigger one in Canada somewhere, don't remember exactly. It's got a full size fairground in the atrium. Wasted a couple of weekends in there.

oUX1Wlx.jpg

CVqGRQE.jpg

So, the twin cities - Minneapolis first

X7d2eqo.jpg

But St Paul was actually where I spent most of my time, running some computer classes for the State people in the Capitol building (which you can just pick out in the middle distance towards the left). I was curious to see if the skyways would be modelled but it doesn't look like they are (the skyways are enclosed walkways between the main buildings a couple of floors above street level - not a bad idea in a city that goes 50 below in winter sometimes)

TGFm1K6.jpg

I'll have to come back and explore more sometime. Maybe get to see some of the surrounding areas that I never got a chance to for real.

Archived