High End Video card and FTX LC America...blurry.

hi guys, over the weekend, I purchased a ASUS GTX 1070 Strix video card. THis sucker screams. FPS avg in the mid 50's and higher in P3D. However, I am having issues with blurry ground textures. In fact, I would say its worse now. I can have FPS in the 70s with blurry textures on the ground. If I pause the sim, the textures will catch up after a minute, but its irritating not to have fluid sharp textures. I started noticing this after I purchased FTX landclass for the US. Didnt have it as much with global vector only.

Is anybody else having this sort of issue? I dont have my sliders maxed in P3D and I am using the NVIDIA 368.81 drivers.

Accoding to my experience and what I learned elsewhere, blurries are almost ever related to the CPU not the GPU. You can plug in 4 Titans and still get blurries as long as your processor is weak or (which is more often the case) ill-configured.

As FreeBird writes, it's always a good idea to delete prepar3d.cfg and see if this resolves the issue, In many cases an inappropriate Affinity Mask entry is the culprit. It you have HT in the BIOS off (which I have) it's a good start to not use any Affinity Mask (or core setting by some tool) at all. If you have HT on you may need an AffinityMask entry to get maximum performance (including blurry-free representation). As a start, you may look here http://www.codelegend.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=532, but there are plenty of Threads on AVSIM - with sometimes differing opinions - on this topic.

Moreover, I found it helpful for fighting blurries to set prepar3d.exe to process priority High (the second level under Real-time). This can be done in the Task manager, or I do it using SimStarter, but there are other tools for doing it automatically

Kind regards, Michael

Archived