Open LC Na Hawaii

Brok

I am a big fan of Hawaii (I love it) and it is the biggest reason why I am thinking of buying Open LC Na. Could someone upload some more Hawaii screenshots, please?!

Btw. Is there a difference between having Open LC with Vector and not using Vector?

Thanks a lot

5 minutes ago, Brok said:

Btw. Is there a difference between having Open LC with Vector and not using Vector?

If you fly dead reckoning VFR, Vector makes a huge difference as it draws the highways/roads, rivers, lakes, ponds, some quarries and golfs where OLC NA will show the towns, the forests, the fields, the rocky outcrops etc.

Even if you fly with radio beacons, it brings a lot a realism too the landscape including lights at night.  Both are very much complementary. I did two flights in the Midwest which show how both work together  http://strips.proboards.com/thread/53/flying-route-66-lllinois or http://strips.proboards.com/thread/54/flying-route-66-missouri-springfield Highly recommended. 

I currently live in Hawaii, and I am running both Open LC NA and Vector in P3D. I don't have any screenshots to post as I am at work right now, but I can tell you that the Hawaiian islands have been upgraded very well with both Open LC NA and Vector installed. The only anomaly I have discovered is an elevation issue around the closed runways at Bellows AFB. But other that that, it looks great. I conducted a flight around the perimeter of Oahu shortly after installing, and I could easily identify landmarks all the way around. Landmarks such as Pearl Harbor and the Arizona Memorial (obviously this would be represented), Honolulu Airport and Hickam AFB, Waikiki, The Punchbowl, Diamond Head, Hanauma Bay, Makapu'u Lighthouse/Point, Turtle Bay, Keoneohe MCBH and Bay, Kahana Bay, Waimea Bay, Sunset Beach, Haliewa Town, Dillingham Airport, the list goes on. I can even see my home on Pearl Ridge represented very well, and with Vector, the little, small roads going up the ridge to where I live are properly represented.  All in all, a very good upgrade.

Now that all said, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see Orbx upgrade Hawaii further to an actual full FAT region. Who knows, maybe some day they will :)

1 hour ago, Brok said:

I am a big fan of Hawaii (I love it) and it is the biggest reason why I am thinking of buying Open LC Na. Could someone upload some more Hawaii screenshots, please?!

Brok, Have you seen the screenshots here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/116935-open-lc-usa-hawaii/

1 hour ago, Sniper31 said:

Now that all said, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see Orbx upgrade Hawaii further to an actual full FAT region. Who knows, maybe some day they will :)

Sniper31, I'm not sure when we should start holding our breath, but in the screenshot thread I linked above, "What we've really been clamoring for is a full fat region of the Hawaiian Islands." was posted.  

JV's reply was ...

On 6/28/2016 at 5:44 AM, John Venema said:

Which will come in due course.

:D

All this talk of Hawaii wants me to go Surf. I do really miss living there but Family first. Its 101 and feels like 111 here in Texas. Some nice trade winds would sure be nice. Fat chance of that happing here. I do really hope ORBX does Hawaii.  Josh 

Yea Josh, the Trades are coming and going this time of year. We have had a few tropical storms roll through (or nearby) causing quite a bit of summertime rainfall, but hey, it's a tropical island...rainfall goes with the territory. Right now it's a pleasant 82 degrees and sunny at 11:45 am. Great weather for flying, surfing, hiking, cycling, running, walking...just about anything :)

In an interview for an FS magazine JV wrote that FTX Hawaii would come after Germany North and Germany South. If you calculate half a year for a region (roughly) FTX Hawaii should be out this time next year.

It's a rough guesstimate as Germany seems to be a big undertaking (looking at the pics of Berlin) but on the other hand Hawaii is quite small.

9 hours ago, JohnY said:

Please don't chaps.  Its the middle of summer here, trying to rain and bloody freezing!:rolleyes:

John

Sorry John, didn't mean to make you jealous :D 

8 hours ago, Vora said:

I know this argument from our neighbors: "NO, Switzerland isn't small, it's just enormously folded!"

That is TOO funny :lol:

Thanks for all the replies. I do hope ORBX does Hawaii similar to the way they did California. Does anyone have insights on that?

On 10.8.2016 at 0:44 AM, Vora said:

In an interview for an FS magazine JV wrote that FTX Hawaii would come after Germany North and Germany South. If you calculate half a year for a region (roughly) FTX Hawaii should be out this time next year.

It's a rough guesstimate as Germany seems to be a big undertaking (looking at the pics of Berlin) but on the other hand Hawaii is quite small.

@Vora. Do you remember where you read this? Thanks.

3 hours ago, Brok said:

Thanks for all the replies. I do hope ORBX does Hawaii similar to the way they did California. Does anyone have insights on that?

@Vora. Do you remember where you read this? Thanks.

It was an indirect quote by Ben of a JV interview in PCPilot magazine:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/115341-ftx-hawaii/?do=findComment&comment=1036295

6 hours ago, Bruce Hamilton said:

The military will eventually reassign you somewhere much colder, enjoy it while you can.  :D

Actually Bruce, I have been to all the miserable places thanks to the military already. The military in their infinite wisdom saved this assignment to Hawaii as my last one. I retire at the end of this tour, with 28 years of active service :) When I got here, I bought my home so that if I want to, I can simply stay here when I retire. All that said, I love to snow ski, so I will most likely relocate to Colorado, not to far from KTEX and KEGE. I have had my eye on a little town there for several years, and I have no reason not to make it happen. In the meantime, as you say, I am enjoying Hawaii while I am here. :D

I would love to see a full fat region for the entire Hawaii region for the longest time now. I really hope that FTX Hawaii will be the next project after Germany. :) I would love to do some low and slow VFR flying around The Big Island and fly over the peak of Mauna Kea and get a look at those Observatories,  and then do some island hopping. Would be amazing to see Hawaii with all the proper details!

55 minutes ago, Adam Shinobi said:

I would love to see a full fat region for the entire Hawaii region for the longest time now. I really hope that FTX Hawaii will be the next project after Germany. :) I would love to do some low and slow VFR flying around The Big Island and fly over the peak of Mauna Kea and get a look at those Observatories,  and then do some island hopping. Would be amazing to see Hawaii with all the proper details!

I agree

Greg

Archived