Texture issues after installation of Global North America

I have similar issues as well with cities areas over mountains (flatirons outside of Boulder, Colorado), no ocean west of KSAN, blue sections and water over mountains near Telica.

Hopefully, there is a solution.

• 2 weeks later...

I too have texture issues in Norway after Global NA.

I have "Morphing" / Flashing textures around Bergen and other airports.

Green to blue to pastey cream.

Tried the terrain.cfg replacement to "refresh" it - no good.

Am stumped.

I got my issue resolved,  It was suggested that I clear my browser history, use a file manager and use an extraction program.  I used 7zip.  I also noticed that there was a new migration tool that migrated all the newly extracted files after installation.  I have no more issues.  I hope this helps. My subject can be  reviewed under "Missing Files after Forced Migration" for reference. 

FTX Central Migration tool tried to try to stop flashing/morphing textures in Norway - No Good.

As you can see from this post and the previous I am trying to troubleshoot this issue on my own which seems to have occurred after installing NA LC

Help please.

Thank god for that, that someone else is experiencing this (sorry flyguy1) as I thought I was possibly doing something wrong.

Would be nice to have an official ORBX view / support on this PLEASE ??

I've guess I've spent about £2,000 on ORBX products having about 90% of them.

Welcome to World Class Support! No questions unanswered. Our philosophy at Orbx is "the customer is king". If you've got any issues with FTX, from installation assistance, performance tuning, bugs, or just any general queries about any aspect of FTX or the simulators we support, then please visit the Orbx Support Forums and we'll be ready to provide assistance. You'll also find a vibrant community there as well!

Just sayin' - thats all.

Hi,

There were NO issues highlighted by the migration troubleshooter.

No text file to desktop, no issues - all green for go.

Did you see my screenshot of Norway?

Plus those errors in the usa are from the ftx config which when re-installed applied the frozen water know graphics water problem which is now re-fixed by disabling that.

Norway is my only issue here and am pleased you are helping - thanks.

Good thinking but it is set to open water.

Note that it is not just the land textures that are odd as per my image (bright blue water morphing to normal grass ground texture on what IS ground textures)

The other oddity is the actual brightness of the ground surrounding the runways which is sort of flashing to a brighter tan colour.

All of this appears to be limited to Norway.

I do appreciate your hard thinking on this and no doubt I will be the cause of the problem in the end but I assure you i AM TRYING to find the fix my end desperately.

Sorry my guess doesn't work.

I have had a look at Norway in FSX and I agree that yours doesn't really resemble mine at all, never mind the blue textures.

I doubt if the sandy airport background is what you are supposed to see either.

Here is a screenshot with the co-ordinates made easy to read, can you replicate it and post it here?

Fair weather and today's date.

Untitled.jpg

My suggestions would normally be check the migration, refresh your terrain.cfg and as a last resort, re-install Norway.

I think you've done all this already, haven't you?

I have had LC above FTX in the scenery.cfg and this is the problem.

FTX Central insertion points were set this way so I've reversed them.

Gawd knows how this happened BUT FTX Central could and should capture this.

I have finally found and fix the issue that was not there until the install of NA LC it seems?

Many thanks for your help and hopefully this helps others.

No problem.

Please take seriously and report back that LC and FTX scenery.cfg positions MUST be captured and modified to YOUR required positions by YOUR FTX Central program for it to be effective or AT LEAST be reported to the user that something may be in error e.g. "Do you want us to fix it?".

Nick :)

Have a great evening.

Archived