Unheard safety instructions.

VH-KDK

So happy that all the passengers and crew made it off the Emirates 777 at Dubai.

Sorry to hear about the fire fighter though.

It is a shame that some of the passengers did not listen to the safety instructions at the start of the flight and put others lives at risk by procrastinating when they should have been heading straight for the exit.

If I had been on that plane my reactions would not have been very polite, what about you?

Apologies in advance for any generalisations here but;

People do the strangest things in high stress situations even when we have been told explicitly not to do something.

I recall on a train when an elderly lady collapsed from heat exhaustion on a very hot day. Most people just stood around gawping. I literally had to shout at people to move to give her room, open windows, and find some water for her. They knew she needed help but decided that inaction on their part was the wisest course of action! -_-

Saw that video on the news last night, I was shocked...my life is more important than a bloody bag no matter what's in it.  I think we see this all the time in different situations as another posted said.  I find it incredible that folks are so ignorant, lack situation awareness, lack ability to respond or act in a manner that fits the situation.  Cripes the bloody plane crash landed, get the hell off.  I would say that the crew were absent in this mess.

its why when I drive I assume everybody is a complete idiot and that I need to drive for them, defensively, extremely focused, its saved my life several times, folks crossing the center line, passing into semi trucks, passing on the shoulder, doing illegal u turns on a freeway, etc.

Very good to hear they all got off safely in the end.  I assume the fire fighter might have got caught up in the explosion but I don't know for sure of course.

Everyone is an expert or at least thinks they are. 

Nobody here was there and nobody here was or has been faced with what they faced and therefore cannot predict how even they would react in such a situation.

As for the crew - hats off to them. Plane evacuated and all souls saved regardless of what transpired in the cabin.

Armchair experts - FOX or SKY News recruits them all the time. Apply.

3 hours ago, chumley said:

Everyone is an expert or at least thinks they are. 

Nobody here was there and nobody here was or has been faced with what they faced and therefore cannot predict how even they would react in such a situation.

As for the crew - hats off to them. Plane evacuated and all souls saved regardless of what transpired in the cabin.

Armchair experts - FOX or SKY News recruits them all the time. Apply.

Haven't seen those news reports.  Well that is true except there is no rational explanation why anyone would stop and pick up their bags and jump down a chute, possibly putting a hole in it.  Panic and scared can cause irrational behaviour but get the hell off that plane, screw the bag.

I don't think I would appreciate standing behind a bunch of stumbling, bumbling,

selfish passengers trying to retrieve their overhead luggage, when all I and my kids

want to do is get off before tons of fuel explode.

But that's just me.

Perhaps they were looking for their Hearing Aids.

On 04/08/2016 at 9:24 PM, fltsimguy said:

its why when I drive I assume everybody is a complete idiot and that I need to drive for them, defensively, extremely focused, its saved my life several times, folks crossing the center line, passing into semi trucks, passing on the shoulder, doing illegal u turns on a freeway, etc.

That's the only way I drive. A flight instructor said it very well. ''a pilot that trusting the other pilot (different plane) to do the right thing are two, too many''

Archived