OpenLC NA Didn't Add All of the Scenery Indexes into My Scenery Library (P3D v3 Pro)

KORDATC

After downloading and installing OpenLC NA, I went for a test ride at 09J, KORD, & KIAD.  Every single one of them looked the same as before w just Global installed.  It was weird at 09J, because the island just to the south looked amazing as if OpenLC NA was installed, however 09J was completely wrong and looked terrible quite frankly.  After looking around, I realized I had about 10 OpenLC EU entries in my scenery library and only 2 for OpenLC NA.  I had OpenLC NA1 and OpenLC Night Lights.  I navigated to the ORBX file and found a OpenLC NA2.  I manually added this to scenery library and voila, everything was perfect.  KORD, KIAD, & 09J all looked great.  However, now I'm concerned that maybe there's still something missing in the install or something got left out.  Can someone verify exactly how many scenery library entries there should be for OPENLC NA?  It seems strange that Europe would have 10 and NA only gets 2-3.

Regards,

Rob

The DL comes in 4 parts. According to my count, there are 21 separate files. The exe file is in Part 4 and if it acts like all other previous multi part ORBX products, it will lead to the wrapper and then to the installation of all the other parts.

Sherm

Yeah I know this.  Everything was downloaded and I ran the installer with no issues.  But when I went to fly, there was only only 2 scenery library entries for OLC NA.  OLC NA 1 and OLC Night Lighting.  I had to manually add in OLC NA 2.  This means I have 3 scenery entries for OLC NA.  Is this the correct amount or should I have more considering OLC EU has 10?

9 minutes ago, KORDATC said:

Yeah I know this.  Everything was downloaded and I ran the installer with no issues.  But when I went to fly, there was only only 2 scenery library entries for OLC NA.  OLC NA 1 and OLC Night Lighting.  I had to manually add in OLC NA 2.  This means I have 3 scenery entries for OLC NA.  Is this the correct amount or should I have more considering OLC EU has 10?

Since I have yet to achieve full DL of all 4 parts, and installation, I cannot answer your specific question. 

There's only the two NA folders plus the OLC Lights one. The installer should have run the FTXConfigurator_OLC.exe process (located in ORBX/Scripts) to add that entry. It's most odd that the Lights folder was added and not the NA2 as that is executed in the same manner.

11 hours ago, Ed Correia said:

There's only the two NA folders plus the OLC Lights one. The installer should have run the FTXConfigurator_OLC.exe process (located in ORBX/Scripts) to add that entry. It's most odd that the Lights folder was added and not the NA2 as that is executed in the same manner.

Well i just installed the OPENLCNA but the configurator did not start.

Then i manually started it and then i get the two NA folders in my library but not the light folder ? Very strange is it not ?

Michael Moe

The light-folder is placed among the ftx_na-entries, it is called: FTX_NA_!OLC_LIGHTS.

For me there are two questions. I use scenery configurator to have sort my sceneries in categories like world regions, countries etc. After installing openLC NA and starting FTX central after that everything is unsorted now. That is normal after using FTX central but now all vector-entries are vanished. I have them back because I have a basic scenery.cfg saved, which I use as standard scenery.cfg then (the light-entry of openLC NA manually inserted of course; above NA1 and NA 2, is it right?). But I'd like to know the mechanism which deletes my vector entries.

The second question has an easy answer perhaps: After installing openLC NA I ran the troubleshooter.exe. Everything is green (very good) but there is no item for openLC NA, only Europe. But I believe openLC NA is not integrated in this batch process, because its release was after. Is it right what I'm thinking?

Kai

Archived