I don't have a problem. No, really, I don't

andy1252

Hi everybody,

I went through the IC lookup migration process, apparently successfully, on the day the new FTX Central was released.

No problems that I was aware of, although as I tried a few flights in places I hadn't explored before I found myself thinking that my mid to long range textures looked a bit fuzzy but put that down to flying in non full-fat regions that I wasn't familiar with. After a while I started looking into the whole LOD Radius issues with P3D and discovered that the program overrides any changed (higher) settings anyway, so went back to my original thoughts (unfamiliar global textures etc).

I've now just run the Migration Troubleshooter tool, and to my amazement found the error text file had thousands of lines of files requiring migration, and a whole bunch of invalid files (mostly AU and NZ). So I ran the "force migration" option on the new FTX Central and all is reporting well now in the Troubleshooter tool. But I feel now I will have to fly around a whole bunch of places to check things out for myself.

So my suggestion to people is that you might want to run the Troubleshooter tool even if you think everything went ok before. I'd certainly been reading some of the posts about the blurries and related problems thinking how lucky I was to have dodged a bullet, and apparently I'd been hit without realising it.

And I may or may not be fixed in reality yet (although the one test flight I've done does look like I've got a sharper focus back)

Just a thought

Andy

Yep, I discovered the same exact thing this morning.  After seeing here that there were updates to FTX Central, new Libs AND a new version of Vector, I changed the oil and rotated the tires to FTXC. I apparently had issues with missing files for FTX Global, if you can believe that.  After the re-running the migration tool and running the troubleshooter, all is well....hopefully.

I concur, I had not encounter any issue after the initial migration, but then again I had yet to fly everywhere to validate such a statement.   When I receive the notice regarding the updates and reading Ed recommendations, I decided to force Migration as well just to be on the safe side.  My only issue was trying to allow FTCV2+ to try and download and install 1.4+GB of library files.  Had to download and install independently.  So far all is good

Archived