Outrageous download times for libraries

KORDATC

So, I just got a new computer.  Just downloaded P3D and went to install new orbx libraries after installing FTX CRM.  FTX CRM took about 10min. to download.  The libraries are showing a download time of 1026 days...  Anyone know why this is?

KORDATC,

I started to update the OrbxLibs from FTX Central and the download time estimate was fluctuating between hours and days.

I cancelled and went to the direct download from the Orbx Support page, used the Google server option, and it just took 6 minutes.

With your new computer, didn't you get the new 9600 baud, dial up modem option? Those were the day's, if it wasn't for high speed net, we'd all still be waiting for the CD's to arrive.

My download took about an hour or less. Occasionally there are network slowdowns, its a big net!

2 hours ago, ytzpilot said:

I blame the Pokemon Go servers, darn kids out there chasing ghosts and slowing down the interwebs :lol:

Even worse, many of those people chasing those Pokemon thingy's are in the 30-40 year old club. 

15 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Even worse, many of those people chasing those Pokemon thingy's are in the 30-40 year old club. 

They should have a rule....If you are old enough to drive, then you are too old for Pokemon

Downloads via FTX Central have never worked properly for me. I only use it for minor patches that are a couple of megabytes in size. I have a 250Mb/s connection so I don't really know what's wrong. I download the libraries from the Fullterrain site using the Google Drive option, which has always worked great.

Mine took a long while last night, knowing full well everyone else was downloading.  I let it run overnight while I slept.  No sense in wishing a fast download and install when you have thousand of other folks jumping on the information superhighway, not to mention streaming TV and gaming. :)

Archived