Kmem Elevation issue after loading 1.40

Since loading FTX Global Vector 1.40; airport KMEM has dropped in elevation and the surrounding area is above the airport.  I ran the tool to exempt KMEM from elevation changes and it fixed it, however, can you please fix the elevation in the next update?

Is this the correct area to request this?

Thank you

Hello, Bill.  This is the purpose of the AEC tool, to correct, or "uncorrect" in this case, the elevation of the airport that Vector thinks is incorrect.  The updates to Vector do not involve altering the data that Vector uses to do its thing (drawing coastlines, rivers, roads, adjusting airport elevations, etc.) as far as I know.  Somebody else may correct me on this, however.

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 9:12 PM, bill721 said:

Thank you Stew.  Sorry I'm still a little confused.  Are you saying Vector doesn't control the elevations of airports like KMEM?  It's provided by a different program?  Any Idea what program tells vector the airport elevation?  KMEM has been fine for years using FTX, Vector, and Trees.  This elevation change just happened recently so something changed.  I'm just not sure what and how to let that group know there is an issue?  I don't think it is my system causing the issue?

Thanks

Bill  

Vector may indeed use updated data, so I may be mistaken.  Why the change to KMEM recently I'm afraid I don't know.  It could be v1.40 that made the change.  Somebody from Pilot's should be able to clarify what the situation is.  Are you using an addon airport for KMEM?  Maybe the solution is there?  I have FS DreamTeam's version and don't see a problem.

That's strange you don't see it.  I'm using Blue print Simulations KMEM Scenery, however, I went back to the FSX base version of KMEM and had the same problem. 

It's always something....:)  The thing is adding KMEM to the AEC tool fixed the issue.....  Let's see if anyone else may chime in on what may be going on. 

Thanks for the input.

36 minutes ago, bill721 said:

That's strange you don't see it.  I'm using Blue print Simulations KMEM Scenery, however, I went back to the FSX base version of KMEM and had the same problem. 

It's always something....:)  The thing is adding KMEM to the AEC tool fixed the issue.....  Let's see if anyone else may chime in on what may be going on. 

Thanks for the input.

You're welcome, as far as I was able to shed some light.  The fact that adding KMEM to the disable column worked simply means that Vector's elevation data for the airport was off a few feet, or more, so disabling it brought it back to normal.  The fault would be with Vector's "updated" airport data.  I would leave it where it is and be done with it.  As a comparison, I have 21 airports on the disable side, both in NA and in Europe, that I had to manually disable because Vector's data was incorrect.

Archived