Leg 4 - YPKG --> YKNG (14pics)

Gurdy

Well guys it has been a while since I had time to put together these pics for this leg. Things like Deck building and preparing for babies, but yes I am still making my way around OZ and have 2 more legs to share with you. This being the first of 2 posts.

The flight plan for this leg.

Posted Image

Departing Kalgoorlie we are heading south to Esperence.

Posted Image

My how the terrain changes as we head south, nice and green and lush. Thank god for the good rains this winter.

Posted Image

Leaving behind Norseman after a quick touch and go, hmm.. not happy with the undercarriage after the belly flop at Kal.

Posted Image

Ok .. it is taking a while for this gear to come down each time.. a couple of circuits around Esperence and we will have to look at leaving this girl here and hopefully I can get a new plane or I wont be able to keep moving.

Posted Image

Luckily at Esperence we were able to snare a Mooney, so we could continue on. I hated the thought of being laid up for a few more days, though esperence is not too bad a spot (could do with an Orbx/Ozx makeover ;))

On final into the (i think old?) Ravensthorpe strip

Posted Image

There were some plane spotters on the ground and they snapped this pic, so I managed to get a copy. Digital cameras are a blessing.

Posted Image

The it was a short hop over to Hopetoun

Posted Image

I stopped here as I have an old friend that decided to make a tree change. He traded life in the big smoke for the countyr living. Never looked back he says. He also told me that he has some friends in Albany that wanted to head up to Darwin and wondered if I would consider flying them up. They are happy to take the scenic route :) He said there was a little surprise in it for me.

Posted Image

On the way to Albany I thought I would spend a night at Gairdner River, there is a lovely hotel and a bit of luxury would be good. Snap decision, but why not.

Posted Image

Posted Image

We were off the next day and heading for Albany.

Posted Image

When I got there I met up with the 3 gentleman that wished to sightsee up the WA coast and through to Darwin. The surprise was a nice little twin to take them up there in. After a quick checkride, we were ready to go again.

Posted Image

Our route took us over Narrikup....

Posted Image

...Denmark..

Posted Image

And then finally to Katanning where I failed to snap a pic as I dropped my camera under my feet... nasty!

Thats it for this leg and thanks for looking!!

Great shots Craig!  Good to see you're making progress...  We left Shark Bay the other day on multiplayer and flew up to Learmonth, but we're going to have another session over a few oil rigs and up to Port Hedland before I post another bunch of shots here...

We are going to have to have a multiplayer flight when we all cross paths as I am flying in the opposite direction to you guys, I am tipping it will be somewhere in FNQ or into NT top end maybe.

Archived