Trees and houses on runway

Awesome fix. Thanks everyone.  Took a bit to workout that l just had to download both files and replace the original files in P3 D V3.4 with these.  Was l missing a post somewhere else.

• 4 weeks later...

Same issue here, FTX Central 3.2.1.1

Using FTX Global Base, FTX Open LC North America, FTX Global Trees, FTX Vector, FTX Lights Config., FTX NA Airport Pack, Orbx Libraries (All new installs via recent May sale event).

Rarely fly out of KMCO - but tried last night to follow my son on flight MCO - Phoenix Sky Harbor. Unable to taxi from gate due to trees.

Newbie - have read posts above - not clear if updated FTX Central d/l, or Vector (?) should have cured issue, or, do I still try to replace the .bgl files noted above ?

Thank you,

Ron

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I believe the problem is related to some flawed Vector EXX files.  These exclude files, as Neil Hill suspected a year ago, also in some cases mess up the airport backgrounds which exclude autogen and flatten the terrain. 

For example, the infamous problem with KABQ terrain spikes is eliminated when the Vector EXX files are disabled, as was the autogen problem with KMCO.

Please fix this problem Vector developers.

Thanks.

Dave

On 10/19/2017 at 3:06 PM, Nick Cooper said:

These are links to the two files.

ABP_KMCO.bgl

APT_KMCO.BGL

They should be downloaded and copied into ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_FixedAPT\scenery

and allowed to overwrite the existing two files.

I regret that there is no timescale for the Vector update that may or may not include this fix.

Hi, htis didnt work for me. I am using T2G KMCO though

Just wondering if the links to the two files to download for a fix that are incorrect could somehow be deleted from this thread.  Download links are in Posts #14, 16, 19 and 46.  The correct link is in post #19 and referenced in post 46 but post 14 and 19 links are incorrect files as far as I can determine.

Just trying to adhere to the K.I.S.S. principle.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks for the help. After downloading and installing the two files into ORBX all of my "Tree" problems & disappearing taxiways have been fixed. Even with T2G KMCO & all the P3Dv3 .bgl updates everything is wonderful now at KMCO. On to my next nightmare.

SimPat

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 6:35 PM, Neil Hill said:

Hi Jack,

Hmmm....It could be that the exclude from the _EXX also removed the airport flatten as well as the background grass.  These files have a flatten for the whole airport as well as my other changes. Let me know how these work.  Sorry to use you as a tester but I don't see your issues here.

ABP_KMCO.bgl

APT_KMCO.BGL

How can I insert this into Vector?

Archived