Trees and houses on runway

Searched and could not fine answer....

I hope this is a right forum to post this

I updated vector to 1.40

I ran the airport elevation tool after

Went to a home airport KMCO and all the runways are covered with trees and houses

My scenery auto gen is set to dense

The airport was fine before the update

Any ideas?

Thanks

Rick

Hi Rick,

I'm afraid I have the same issue here.  Let me see if I can find out more.

Cheers, Neil

Edit:  If I uncheck "ORBX!VECTOR_EXX" in my World/Scenery Library all looks normal at KMCO.  I'm not sure what the EXX choice is for, I'll check it out.  It looks to me that an "exclude" is affecting the background LC for some reason.

1 hour ago, Neil Hill said:

Hi Rick,

Cheers, Neil

Edit:  If I uncheck "ORBX!VECTOR_EXX" in my World/Scenery Library all looks normal at KMCO.  I'm not sure what the EXX choice is for, I'll check it out.  It looks to me that an "exclude" is affecting the background LC for some reason.

Hi, Neil.  EXX is indeed an exclude file.  Why it's affecting the way it is, I have no idea. Generally speaking, one should not uncheck the Vector_EXX though.

5 hours ago, papabb said:

Searched and could not fine answer....

I hope this is a right forum to post this

I updated vector to 1.40

I ran the airport elevation tool after

Went to a home airport KMCO and all the runways are covered with trees and houses

My scenery auto gen is set to dense

The airport was fine before the update

Any ideas?

Thanks

Rick

Was there a specific reason you ran the airport elevation tool?  Had you not run it before you updated to 1.40? 

8 hours ago, Neil Hill said:

Hi Rick,

Cheers, Neil

I can not find the file.....

Not in my world/scenery

I too confirm the trees etc and that disabling the FTX_Vector_EXX is a temporary fix for KMCO. My question though is this the only airport affected, or are we in a situation similar to the migration one, where we have to find anomalies by flying all over the world's airports?

I would also like to know what the new folder within ORBX/Vector is for. It is entitled FTX_VECTOR_FixedAPT and it contains a file called APT_KMCO. Is there a connection? It also contains several other K airports so i intend to fly those with Vector_EXX enabled and see if these are affected also. If they are then maybe we should be doing something with this folder's contents as this folder does not appear in the Scenery Library like all the others. Maybe we should drop the APT_KMCO file from the " Fixed_APT" file into FTX_VECTOR_APT??

Also should we be running AEC after the new update?

FixedAPT does appear inthe Scenery Library. My apologies.

I am also getting P3D crashes when trying to disable aspects of Vector in the scenery library while in a paused flight flight.

5 hours ago, jjaycee1 said:

I would also like to know what the new folder within ORBX/Vector is for. It is entitled FTX_VECTOR_FixedAPT and it contains a file called APT_KMCO. Is there a connection? It also contains several other K airports so i intend to fly those with Vector_EXX enabled and see if these are affected also.

I went to 5 of the airports( KECG,KETC,KLSE,KMWK,KONX) listed inside the FTX_VECTOR_FixedAPT folder with Vector_EXX enabled 

All were OK with no misplaced trees or houses..

Hopefully we will get an answer, I am sure it is being looked into

Rick

Hi Guys,

When looking at the screenshots of KMCO it sure looked familiar but I could not find the airport in any of my files or the Vector files but jjaycee1 mentioned finding it in the FTX_VECTOR_APT so I went back and looked again and found the files.  The only change I made to KMCO was adding a long thin "utilities" exclude under runway 17L/35R to remove power line that were on the runway and also cleaned up the airport background to match the surrounding roads, actually that small section on the east side that looks OK is something I added . I'll see if adding a full airport background will fix the immediate issue.  I'll get back later.

Cheers, Neil 

Just a complete guess on the ORBX!VECTOR_FixedAPT entry in the FSX Scenery Library after VECTOR 1.40 update.  Could it be an attempt to prevent manual elevation corrections from being overwritten when you run the autoconfiguration-tool as stated in the text for "Manual Configuration".

In any case KMCO has trees on the western tarmac, taxiways and a few on R/W's both with the 'FixedAPT KMCO entry active or inactive (.OFF ext.)

Hi guys,

Try these two files, replacing the two files of the same name in the FTX_VECTOR_FixedAPT/Scenery folder.  I've added a full background but I'm not yet happy with the LC under the main terminal and other places, but it's more accurate than all the houses that are there now.

Your feedback would be welcome.

@spud I did the changes for KMCO that are in the FTX_VECTOR_FixedAPT folder.  It was to fix a line of utility poles right up rwy 17L/35R.  These changes did not "cause" the trees issue we see now, but by adding a full background I'm trying to mitigate the issue.

Cheers, Neil

Neil,

downloaded your two files and replaced the originals.  Trees on tarmack & taxiways etc. are almost all gone with the exception of one taxiway on the north side of the airport.

Attached are screen shots 1) cockpit view,  2) overhead view.

GCS_061.jpg

GCS_062.jpg

Hi again,

Try these files, the trees on the taxiway should be gone but the LC I've placed looks different than what you see.  Please take a screenshot back-a-aways so I can see that center LC better.

Cheers, Neil

On 03/07/2016 at 9:54 PM, Neil Hill said:

Hi again,

Try these files, the trees on the taxiway should be gone but the LC I've placed looks different than what you see.  Please take a screenshot back-a-aways so I can see that center LC better.

Cheers, Neil

Hi Neil, I replaced those files and all the trees went away from the runways and parking apron but when I fly over RWY 36L I see green patches of land that appear and disappear as I fly.  They start out as small round green patches and then get wider and diminish as I fly over the runway.  It's then entire length, you can still land there but that's it.

Hi Jack,

Hmmm....It could be that the exclude from the _EXX also removed the airport flatten as well as the background grass.  These files have a flatten for the whole airport as well as my other changes. Let me know how these work.  Sorry to use you as a tester but I don't see your issues here.

ABP_KMCO.bgl

APT_KMCO.BGL

Ok, before I even think about upgrading to v 1.4, I see many files above in different forum posts to fix the issues of trees all over KMCO. Which files do I need and which folder to put them into? Just the last two in post #19? Or is this been fixed inside v 1.4 and I don''t need any of the above files?

A bit late Niel but the last two KMCO bgl's did the trick.

As requested screenshot showing the LC around the airport. It appears to be more muted than previously and the trees are no longer present.

GCS_065.jpg

HI Spud,

Yes, that looks like mine.  In Google Earth (GE) that more muted background looks pretty much like swampland!! I chose something close but it's better than all the houses that the sim showed here.  I'm wondering if the exclude causing the initial "trees" problem was to remove all those lakes you see in GE.  My changes just add back in an airport background and flatten that the exclude removed, (ie: it's a band aid) but it looks OK.

Cheers, Neil

I also had trees on the runways at KMCO  after the update 1.40. But when I start my flight at my homeairport EHTE (Teuge) in the Netherlands all my roads and  highways were not there. The cars are driving over the grass on highway A1 .  When I disabled FTX_ VECTOR_EXX in the scenery library  no trees on the runways at KMCO and the roads and highways are back!!!. (I don't have NL2000 installed;   but Global base; global openLC Europe and global vector).

Is it possible that the EXX exclude also roads and highways ? ? ?  (I also did a topic on the Dutch forum but untill now there is no reply on that)

Cheers

Bert

Thank heavens i'm not the only one to have issues like trees on the runway!

I have yet to have any resolution to my problem..

PNW worked fine without Global and Vector.. now it looks a bit of a mess.

I hope that things get sorted soon. I love my ORBX but i can't fly with the world looking

this 'disoriented'

Roll on a stable update!

• 1 month later...

An update after a couple of months of avoiding my sim as i couldn't bear to see it in the horrid state it had become...

I happened across a link which, dispite being 3 years old, seems to have resolved my trees on the runway, trees in the see and all sorts of strange textures. It seems that somehow the Terrain.cfg may have become corrupted at some point, and Wolter attached a copy of his terrain.cfg which i downloaded and chucked int he FSX folder. Hey presto, no more trees where they shouldn't be.

I've checked at a number of other airports listed by others on the ORBX forums; sounds like i wasn't the only one to get this problem, and they all seem to be working fine with this .cfg

I have found a problem at Compton Abbas with trees but i haven't installed England yet, so that might be ok afterwards.

Here is the link to the thread. I hope that it might work for others.. if not, make sure you have backed up your Terrain.cfg first and you can change it back if it doesn't work, so you've lost nothing.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/61832-ftx-global-install-issue/?do=findComment&comment=1087199

It would be really good if people can confirm whether it worked for them or not.

Happy flying all

Minx

Will do Wolter

I had been holding off installing all my other Orbx programs as i was just about to wipe my entire PC for the 3rd time and start again, but you have saved me countless hours (plus my sanity!!).

I know that there are a LOT of posts out in the forums about trees in the water and on the runways/taxiways.. given that you are one of the Administrators, is there any way of linking them just in case your simple but elegant solution works for some of those poor souls too?

Have a cracking weekend, and thanks for making mine!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/10/2017 at 11:26 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Yes, it is included in the next Vector update.

Hi. I just encountered the problem with the KMCO background not excluding autogen and landclass.

The latest Vector update 1.51 did not fix this.

I installed Neil's files and they fixed the issue. Thanks, Neil.

I recommend that Pilot's release a hotfix for this.

Thanks.

Dave

Archived