Cairo to Cape #6, Aden to Addis Ababa

andy1252

Still at it. Leaving Aden to head for Djibouti, then on to the Rift Valley

ssYTS4m.jpg

VmKAfKf.jpg

Coming back into Africa via the Gulf of Tadjoura, over Djibouti city. This is the default FTX/FSX/P3D version, but I subsequently found that Richard Bui has done a freeware version of the area and I reshot a couple of these and stuck them at the end of the topic

WlJHKYj.jpg

Heading on up the Gulf towards the upper end of the Eastern Rift Valley itself

xfhiLfv.jpg

8UztQyQ.jpg

pO9sdaY.jpg

This is Lake Basaka. A few tens of km over to my left at this point is Addis Ababa, and I'll take a little detour there to have a look round next.

BbksxQ0.jpg

9kJ6UW3.jpg

Addis should be just beyond the heights showing in the distance, so I'll swing round here and head off

UEJNgph.jpg

Addis Ababa (HAAB) just ahead on my left

JUHzTib.jpg

Unfortunately, the default HAAB seems to have elevation issues (sunken runways). I tried messing with the Vector AE adjustments, but it wouldn't come good however I did it.

btIh7wW.jpg

But after a bit of nosing around the web I found a freeware HAAB that looked promising, so I plugged it in, went back to a save point, and re-approached Addis. The weather conditions weren't an exact match but hey . . .

pDBpckb.jpg

4zyr3Fa.jpg

Coming up ahead

sms0r5T.jpg

This looks a bit better

dEfsss8.jpg

39XjYNQ.jpg

ueEXW2J.jpg

kmGcOjt.jpg

So - a few shots around the airport and the city surroundings, via a couple of borrowed rides -

QcbGqix.jpg

leMjP3C.jpg

MP8lII3.jpg

k5VfIvR.jpg

qjMV5LY.jpg

ih9hf9B.jpg

xsnyHRD.jpg

And finally back at the airport

EW72zLZ.jpg

To finish - a couple of shots of the Djibouti overfly using Richard Bui's freeware Djibouti

oNj4kzR.jpg

EyZj6hT.jpg

RIqZ58f.jpg

Sorry about the amount of shots - OCD again!

An absorbing set of shots Andy, I am really enjoying following your progress through Africa which reminds me of one of Michael Palin's travel docs.

Some wonderful freeware too, would never have thought of it. I like the green buses behind the Chipmunk at Addis Ababa but what a great looking scenery for freeware.

Djibouti comes up so well too.

Archived