Some nautical activities off NZ coast

andy1252

While trying to track down one of Adam's splendid locations, I spotted some interesting activity out on the water.

YiqIWbu.jpg

UjvAdOo.jpg

ppoSmMa.jpg

jDh6uGy.jpg

j6nn2je.jpg

m4TeBZg.jpg

So I followed it around for a while

btp12NJ.jpg

and then bumped into this guy on the same route

8Do0yUK.jpg

r98x3ug.jpg

Y45BQgi.jpg

2R4bsx0.jpg

3dayE07.jpg

GKKL7Pe.jpg

Never did find the location I was looking for.

4 minutes ago, TheGreenToad said:

Nice ships! Where did you get them?

These are from a huge piece of work by Henrik Neilsen. Several packages, all freeware. To quote from the readme file for one of the packages (179 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic) -

Installation and prerequisites

In order to get full benefit of this package you must first download and install “63 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic for Europe and South America”, “75 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic”, “130 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic” and the corresponding patches. The 262 ships included in the first packages are also needed to have full traffic on the routes included in this package as almost all of the 262 ships from my previous packages are used on the routes included in this package.

Make sure you have downloaded and installed “63 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic for South America and Europe” , “75 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic” and the “Patch for 75 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic” and “130 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic” and the “Patch for 130 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic” and “AI Ship Traffic Mexican Gulf and Caribbean Sea”. All are available at www.avsim.com, www.simviation.com and www.flightsim.com. These must be installed in the mentioned order BEFORE you install this package – this package will overwrite a number of old traffic.bgl and some ship folders to provide improved and more diverse traffic also on existing routes so it is imperative that it is installed after the other files.

Highly recommended, with this lot installed you get surprises wherever there is water.

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful set Andy.

Ships give that extra dimension and it is great fun going down to have a close look at them.

+1

I never knew that the German sailing vessel "Gorch Fock" would travel that far south ^_^

Archived