Across the North Island

VH-KDK

Time for a flight in New Zealand.

Manfred's wonderful C-47 adorned with Adam's Beautiful RAAF paint job are perfect for this flight.

1.gp1.jpg

Starting point is at NZGS Gisborne on the east coast.

2.gp2.jpg

Using the grass runway save taxying!

3.gp3.jpg

4.gp4.jpg

5.gp5.jpg

6.gp6.jpg

Ureweara NP

7.gp7.jpg

Lake Matahina.

8.gp8.jpg

Mount Edgecumbe

9.gp9.jpg

Kawerau and Mount Edgecumbe.

10.gp10.jpg
Lake Rotoma.

11.gp11.jpg
Lightning around Karamu.

12.gp12.jpg

Pirongia Forest Park.

A very picturesque part of the world. Always highly enjoyable to fly here.

Fantastic flight, Martyn. I flew to Wellington and Tauranga a few days ago, but encountered on both sites some serious elevation issues. Ran AEC, no help. When I checked other NZ airports, no other ones were effected. As I have nothing but ORBX scenery for NZ, I think I will report it here to see what can be done about it

Oi!!!!  Careful what you go naming your liveries.  That's RNZAF and don't you forget it.  RAAF, indeed...  ^_^

Where did you end up?  That's a nice part of the country, but I always found Mt Edgecombe very oppressive when I was in Kawerau.  It's just so close and so present.  Driving around the lakes is gorgeous.

10 minutes ago, Mickel said:

Oi!!!!  Careful what you go naming your liveries.  That's RNZAF and don't you forget it.  RAAF, indeed...  ^_^

Where did you end up?  That's a nice part of the country, but I always found Mt Edgecombe very oppressive when I was in Kawerau.  It's just so close and so present.  Driving around the lakes is gorgeous.

Well picked up Mickel, I also did a flight around Mt Edgecombe today an amazing sight too........

now what was it I had to remember.:huh::):lol:

Archived