Orbx comic

Jack Sawyer

14 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

Great stuff, Jack. Look forward to more episodes!

Some of those characters would be great improvements on the default P3D avatar as well - fancy a challenge?

Thanks Andy and Taph.

I don't even know how to use the avatar in P3D yet, I'm still researching the use of him/her.

I don't even know what the avatar is all about yet.

They'll be more episodes, occasionally, they take a lot of thought and if it's ok with Orbx.

I'd like to do one where Fred is at a highly detailed are like inside the Meigs terminal and walks to the ramp and flys and gets into some kind of in flight emergency.  Hilarity ensues and it's all thanks to the highly detailed Orbx stuff.

I have to think ahead about what the story line would be and then go into the sim and take some shots but I already have about a thousand (yes 1K) shots filling up my drive full of Orbx areas so I can pull from those as well.

I could even due a walk-around of the airport showing off various Orbx details.

Gosh, the ideas are starting to fill into my head. :)

Some guys do excellent shots with narratives, I just wanted to inject some humor of my own making.

2 minutes ago, PDX Flyer said:

Jack,

You have missed your calling in life.  Absolutely funny and well done.  You can always fall back to creating the 'funnies' and use us as references.

Thanks PDX!

That makes me feel good.

7 hours ago, JS07 said:

I don't even know how to use the avatar in P3D yet, I'm still researching the use of him/her.

I don't even know what the avatar is all about yet.

Jack, it's quite easy once you know the key combination: Ctrl+Shift+E activates him and the same deactivates him, but you must be near your aircraft. More key combinations can be found in your P3D control settings. I hope this helps!

1 minute ago, Bermuda425 said:

Jack, it's quite easy once you know the key combination: Ctrl+Shift+E activates him and the same deactivates him, but you must be near your aircraft. More key combinations can be found in your P3D control settings. I hope this helps!

Thanks Bermuda, can't wait to try him.

I'm THIS close to the P3D install.

All I have left to install now last is Vector, then go to FTX Central and set the airports to Vector for some things and then install Tongass.

1 minute ago, Bermuda425 said:

Sounds cool! Avatar lets you go anywhere and shoot amazing environment shots with your aircraft somewhere in the background.

Cool and if this is a flight sim why did they give us subs?  Does LM actually train future Jacques Cousteau's?

14 minutes ago, Bermuda425 said:

:lol:

Flight sim is just what most people make of it. However, it can be used as a general environment for any training.

Hmmmm, does LM make mini subs?  Have you ever used one?

I put one on a runway and my wife and I laughed out loud!

That would make another good situation for Fred, walking up to a sub and then using slew to "fly" it!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Bermuda, it's a lot of work but fun, you have to think ahead of time what yo want to do.  I usually make a rough sketch on paper first then create it.  I wanted to show off the Orbx terminal and have something funny and family safe at the same time.  Part 2 will be coming soon.

14 hours ago, Turboarrow4 said:

Cool stuff... 

2 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Boy, Fred has no clue of aviation! :rolleyes:

Red dog calling birdhouse - :lol:

Airborne is really a strange word.

Another exhilirating piece of art!!

Thanks guys, I really like doing them.  I have lots of ideas but it's hard to write comics that are family safe.  They're a lot of fun.

Some guys do repaints, some guys make aircraft, I write a humorous column and make these comics which is all aviation related, and all for free to boot.

Best regards,

Jack

Just now, JS07 said:

Thanks guys, I really like doing them.  I have lots of ideas but it's hard to write comics that are family safe.  They're a lot of fun.

Some guys do repaints, some guys make aircraft, I write a humorous column and make these comics which is all aviation related, and all for free to boot.

Best regards,

Jack

Hi Jack,

go on with this funny comics. I like it. If they are not family safe, so what, put them in the 18+ subforum...:-)

cheers

Thorsten

Just now, Turboarrow4 said:

Hi Jack,

go on with this funny comics. I like it. If they are not family safe, so what, put them in the 18+ subforum...:-)

cheers

Thorsten

Hi Thorsten, I didn't even know there was such a sub forum.  But in real life I'm family safe so I'm going to do my best to make sure they don't offend anyone.  I like to be family safe in my personal life but I can see sometimes where there could be some situations calling for cursing or other silly stuff.  But the comic fonts have "comic cursing" things like "You %#*@" and such.  

The difficult part about creating comics is too much idea and not enough room.  Hence the to be continued…

Archived