Everything opens and shuts!

VH-KDK

Inspired by another of Bermuda's video posts I decided to dust off the CS 737-200.

As I had not used it for a while I thought I had better make sure all that opens and shuts was still working.

1.os1.jpg

We are at PABE Bethel AK, which is one of the Global Freeware airports.

2.os2.jpg

I hope the emergency door has not scratched the wing's paint.

3.os3.jpg

Very impressed with the detail of the CS aircraft.

4.os4.jpg

Even the radar moves from side to side but I expect most folks eyes will be drawn to something else.

5.os5.jpg

Beautifully finished cabin.

6.os6.jpg

Great cockpit and the eye brow windows can also be clear.

7.os7.jpg

Just letting in some fresh air pre flight.

8.os8.jpg

All is well in the slowing down department.

9.os9.jpg

Armrests, blinds and tables work. Forgot to check out to see if the seats recline, just checked and they do!

10.os10.jpg

Now at King Salmon and just realised the engines opened up and can be plugged too.

So all is good after a long lay up.

Hope you enjoyed looking.

1 hour ago, Adam_NZ said:

Very nice indeed!

Is this FSX? My CS 727 gets opaque cockpit glass in P3Dv3. I fired off a query on the CS forums, but I don't think they're very active.

Adam.

Thanks Adam, it is P3Dv3.0. Everything is running so well on 3.0 that I am too afraid to move on to the later versions:ph34r::ph34r::o

My 727 also works faultlessly in v3.0.

39 minutes ago, Voyager said:

That's a really splendid simmer's airplane-toy!

Great review by screenshots!

Voyager

From iPad

Cheers Voyager. I can also have an entertaining flight in it without knowing too much of what things do in the cockpit. Enjoying myself it the main thing for me.:wacko::unsure::lol:

1 minute ago, JS07 said:

Very nice VH!  Now please show it in flight.  Great narration, I enjoyed it.

I will try and put the flight up tomorrow along with a 727 flight I did. I have not flown these CS planes for a while and they are very enjoyable.

Great pics Martyn,

I have also been enjoying my CS 727 over the past week quite a bit.  Funny thing too, two nights back I was doing a few short hops with taxiing to parking spots in between and I was also opening and closing everything, even deploying the stewardesses.  I didn't deploy the slides though; I think that was the only things I didn't switch.  I also really like all of my CS aircraft; don't have the 737 though.

Cheers,

Great stuff, Martyn. I haven't touched my CS planes in ages. Me thinks I will fire up the 707 this evening, hope the engines will still work after such a long time. Luckily it works fine in P3D, so like you, I will not move to any updated version.

Adam, I had a fix for the opaque glass that worked nicely with my FS9 planes, when I had issues flying them in P3D. I'm not sure, whether it works with FSX CS planes, but it might be worth a try:  Download the freeware application DXTBmp. In the CS_B737 texture folder, use DXTBmp to open the cs737_13T DDS file. On the menu bar, click on Alpha, then click on Invert Alpha, and the Alpha Channel shown in the upper right hand corner of the screen should change to black. Then click "save as" and save it as "extended 32 bit 888-8". Of course, always back up your files before modifying them.

An alternative that I used for all my CS planes was using EMT. Warning: I only have P3D 2.5, so I have no experience with v.3.3

32 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

Adam, I had a fix for the opaque glass that worked nicely with my FS9 planes, when I had issues flying them in P3D. I'm not sure, whether it works with FSX CS planes, but it might be worth a try:  Download the freeware application DXTBmp. In the CS_B737 texture folder, use DXTBmp to open the cs737_13T DDS file. On the menu bar, click on Alpha, then click on Invert Alpha, and the Alpha Channel shown in the upper right hand corner of the screen should change to black. Then click "save as" and save it as "extended 32 bit 888-8". Of course, always back up your files before modifying them.

An alternative that I used for all my CS planes was using EMT. Warning: I only have P3D 2.5, so I have no experience with v.3.3

Firstly - I got my aircraft wrong :o - my 737 is fine. It's the 727 I'm having problems with!!!

Thanks! I use DXT2Bmp and Photoshop/DDS a lot when doin repaints. I've tried all the usual voodoo with alpha channels with no luck. I think it's an .mdl file problem (which I can't do anything about) ... but I'll keep trying with the alphas!

Adam.

On ‎21‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 10:13 PM, scottharmes6 said:

Great pics Martyn,

I have also been enjoying my CS 727 over the past week quite a bit.  Funny thing too, two nights back I was doing a few short hops with taxiing to parking spots in between and I was also opening and closing everything, even deploying the stewardesses.  I didn't deploy the slides though; I think that was the only things I didn't switch.  I also really like all of my CS aircraft; don't have the 737 though.

Cheers,

Thanks Scott. They are great planes both for all their animations and to fly.

On ‎21‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 10:28 PM, bernd1151 said:

Great stuff, Martyn. I haven't touched my CS planes in ages. Me thinks I will fire up the 707 this evening, hope the engines will still work after such a long time. Luckily it works fine in P3D, so like you, I will not move to any updated version.

Cheers Bernd. I don't have the 707, but if it is like their other planes I have it must be a top one to fly.

On ‎21‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 10:48 PM, gumbypickett said:

I like those shots KDK the 4th shot looks very realistic,

and the plane too.:wub: These are my favourite type of aircraft flew on

several with Ansett, its great to go back in time, lots of fond memories.

cheers

Gumby

Thanks for the memories Gumby. Never flew on one with Ansett, it was always 727s and 767s. The 200s were being introduced by Ansett when I came here in 1981 along with TAAs A300s.

On ‎21‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 11:04 PM, Adam_NZ said:

Firstly - I got my aircraft wrong :o - my 737 is fine. It's the 727 I'm having problems with!!!

Thanks! I use DXT2Bmp and Photoshop/DDS a lot when doin repaints. I've tried all the usual voodoo with alpha channels with no luck. I think it's an .mdl file problem (which I can't do anything about) ... but I'll keep trying with the alphas!

Adam.

No problems with the 727 Adam.

On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 1:24 AM, PDX Flyer said:

Love the ground equipment!  Is that GTX?  Great shots for sure.

Thanks PDX, no but maybe I should have used GTX for even more realism. Thanks for giving me the idea!

On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 1:26 AM, RJ said:

Nice when you have all this eye candy to look at. :)

Adds another dimension RJ, cheers.

On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 2:51 AM, Iain Emms said:

Very nice.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain.

23 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

These shots are top-of-the-fleet. Enchaning old airliner with so much to admire.

Well captured and nifty commenting as so often!

Secret Greetings,

Bermuda

Thank you Erik.

Many thank yous for your great comments. Glad you enjoyed these shots.

On ‎21‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 10:13 PM, scottharmes6 said:

Great pics Martyn,

Cheers,

Thanks Scott. They are great planes both for all their animations and to fly.

On ‎21‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 10:28 PM, bernd1151 said:

Cheers Bernd. I don't have the 707, but if it is like their other planes I have it must be a top one to fly.

On ‎21‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 10:48 PM, gumbypickett said:

I like those shots KDK the 4th shot looks very realistic,

and the plane too.:wub: These are my favourite type of aircraft flew on

several with Ansett, its great to go back in time, lots of fond memories.

cheers

Gumby

Thanks for the memories Gumby. Never flew on one with Ansett, it was always 727s and 767s. The 200s were being introduced by Ansett when I came here in 1981 along with TAAs A300s.

On ‎21‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 11:04 PM, Adam_NZ said:

Adam.

No problems with the 727 Adam.

On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 1:24 AM, PDX Flyer said:

Love the ground equipment!  Is that GTX?  Great shots for sure.

Thanks PDX, no but maybe I should have used GTX for even more realism. Thanks for giving me the idea!

On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 1:26 AM, RJ said:

Nice when you have all this eye candy to look at. :)

Adds another dimension RJ, cheers.

On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 2:51 AM, Iain Emms said:

Very nice.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain.

23 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

These shots are top-of-the-fleet. Enchaning old airliner with so much to admire.

Well captured and nifty commenting as so often!

Secret Greetings,

Bermuda

Thank you Erik.

Many thank yous for your great comments. Glad you enjoyed these shots.

Archived