Bearing Up

andy1252

A Tu-95, out of Archangel, up around Murmansk, Norway etc and off to Iceland via Jan Mayen. Not a terribly cohesive trip, reset and changed season/time a couple of times but still fun

WmrogNM.jpg

l5pxW9x.jpg

ivbgy0z.jpg

0HnKMGE.jpg

6r7mj2E.jpg

GCaeIKR.jpg

PhZmtpo.jpg

inosAbO.jpg

xPMNGGQ.jpg

TRYUdNc.jpg

oya6byN.jpg

CFzH6Ew.jpg

This is coming out from Norway (I wandered off course a bit)

Tc3tA2a.jpg

over Iceland now

UCjcX42.jpg

HeZt0yx.jpg

Lining up for Keflavik

EXkC6Un.jpg

xhLxBlg.jpg

Bit like flying the QE2, this. Not saying she's slow to turn or anything (much)

xhLxBlg.jpg

k0ZBcqb.jpg

1BpVfK9.jpg

e1hiofb.jpg

xpABFow.jpg

7D8MOnZ.jpg

ArQxqSW.jpg

And finally, parked up.

Thanks everybody. Glad these appeal to other folks as well.

Nice job on the framing, Taph. Back in one of my previous lives I used to quite often buy posters or prints (or occasionally even actual proper paintings) when on my business trips. There was a little local picture framing guy near where we lived and I must have spent hundreds of pounds in there over the years getting stuff framed up. I've still got quite a few nice ones knocking around - got a nice pair of watercolourish ones with a Connie and a Stratocruiser in blue metal frames. Funnily enough, when we moved down here and were looking for a business to run for the last decade or so of our working time, we almost bought a framing business (but ended up with an antiquarian & second-hand bookshop instead - probably a better deal as I have one hell of a library now!)

And Martyn, I quite like these big old boats, but as most of my sightseeing is done in the likes of a Cessna or the Staggerwing I've gotten used to just being able to fling things around. I probably need to learn a bit more about navigation and anticipation in my "flying". Hey - one step at a time - I'm only just getting used to the idea of trimming and using flaps etc (what's that sound? Ahh yes, the sound of serious sim-pilots banging their heads on the table)

Archived