Bex, the opposite effect.

VH-KDK

The above Bex was used to get rid of a headache years ago.

1.IeAoA0S.jpg

Flew into PAKT in the Otter and parked it in 3 locations and saved the flights.

2.ADMa149.jpg

I did this so when I fly from PAKT in the future I can start at locations other than the runways.

3.ZxFdpvT.jpg

Flew out in this beautiful Alaskan which carries this very smart 75th anniversary livery.

4.qwpAl4B.jpg

The 738 was paused for about 1 hour at the gate while I had dinner and did a few other things.

5.LC7Ik8e.jpg

So here we are climbing out of PAKT on an unusually clear day for this part of the world.

6.wUgk3Hy.jpg

Below the engine is PF20, Misty's Place which I flew out of earlier in the day. Also PAKT can be seen behind the tail.

7.Z12NGtv.jpg

Leaving Gravina Island behind.

8.VOaIkHN.jpg

Below is Annette Island and PANT where I did the RTMM test earlier to see if all the libraries had been successfully installed.

Then pfffffffffffftttttt. End of flight.

A Bex error, maybe for being on pause for too long?

So this BEX caused a BIG headache:o:blink::lol:

Almost forgot, a big thanks to Andy for pointing me in the direction of Imgur which is a very handy back up for when OZx is down.

3 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Almost forgot, a big thanks to Andy for pointing me in the direction of Imgur which is a very handy back up for when OZx is down.

Hi Martyn, can't claim credit for that, Tim Harris (Orbx, admin) suggested them in another topic in the general forum so I tried them out.

And, 'scuse my ignoramusness, but you wrote " A Bex error, maybe for being on pause for too long? " Is this a real condition? (not aware of that terminology) Cos I quite often find the system just vanishes on me after I come out of a longer pause or slew session.

Oh - and while I'm here - nice shots!

Hi Martyn , I'm not sure how you found that old video of me lawn bowling ; anyway here in Washington State we have some newer products for our pain relief now :

Cheers

John

On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 10:30 PM, Voyager said:

Haha! Great go around on this issue! 
I enjoyed this bird flying on/into beautiful scenery.
Great shots mate!

Voyager

Thank you Voyager.

On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 11:01 PM, Bermuda425 said:

Top-of-the-chimney bunch of shotz! One thing I must add, the video reference is anything but trad!

Cheers Erik. Maybe the Bex box should be celebrating 75 years along with Alaskan!

On ‎14‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 0:31 AM, dolf8857 said:

Fine set of shots!

Cheers Dolf.

On ‎14‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 2:06 AM, andy1252 said:

Hi Martyn, can't claim credit for that, Tim Harris (Orbx, admin) suggested them in another topic in the general forum so I tried them out.

And, 'scuse my ignoramusness, but you wrote " A Bex error, maybe for being on pause for too long? " Is this a real condition? (not aware of that terminology) Cos I quite often find the system just vanishes on me after I come out of a longer pause or slew session.

Oh - and while I'm here - nice shots!

Well that is UK Andy, we will keep spreading the news about Imgur as it is handy to have an alternative when things go t*ts up on OZx.

With the BEX error I looked this up in the error report. Happened again last night when I went for a shower. Only on pause for 20 minutes but yet another BEX. I thought I had left the plane sitting at the Gate but it was on pause and I had to start again.

On ‎14‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 2:42 AM, Iain Emms said:

Grand set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain.

On ‎14‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 5:09 AM, RJ said:

Great story and shots, Martyn! :)

Thank you RJ.

On ‎15‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 1:09 PM, BradB said:

Hi Martyn , I'm not sure how you found that old video of me lawn bowling ; anyway here in Washington State we have some newer products for our pain relief now :

Cheers

John

Thanks John, great clip. I am getting too old to lift a joint like that though.

23 hours ago, MitchE said:

Good caps nevertheless!

Thank you Mitch.

Many thanks for your fine comments.

Archived