Spanish for Land of fire is Tierra del Fuego which is at the southern tip of Argentina.

Ushuaia is the only major town of this area and is regarded as being the most southerly city in the world.

SAWH is one of the Global freeware airports so time to do a quick flight around.

1.sw1.jpg

Carenado's Piper PA-34 Seneca V shall take us on our flight.

2.sw1a.jpg

Taking off with the rather unusual terminal buildings in the background.

3.sw2.jpg

Ushuaia is on the Beagle Chanel.

4.sw4.jpg

Some of the Martial Mountains north of the city.

5.sw4a.jpg

6.sw5.jpg

7.sw6.jpg

Ushuaia Port.

8.sw7.jpg

At first the u/c would not operate but then the wheels came down one at a time, a bit of a worry.

9.sw8.jpg

Coming into land on rwy 07.

10.sw10.jpg

In front of the main terminal.

Whoo-hoo! Lovely shots Martyn but why did you have to go and pick there? That's another whole continent to explore now! (Actually, I saw a movie a few weeks back called "The German Doctor" about Mengele in SA. It was set around the time when there was a really close but failed attempt to grab him. He was picked up by floatplane from a villa on a lake. I grabbed the location from the credits and found it on Google and planned to fly there and have a look around. Not made it yet but you're inspiring me now to have a go)

I really like these, they're wonderful and a great find. I really enjoy these out of the way trips, so - thank you.

16 hours ago, PDX Flyer said:

Absolutely stunning!  What kind of scenery is that of Ushuaia Port?  All of those ships look most interesting.

The docks airport and city landclass are included in the Global Freeware scenery Pack.

Larry

7 hours ago, larryisenor said:

The docks airport and city landclass are included in the Global Freeware scenery Pack.

Larry

That is pretty darn amazing info.  Thanks Larry and one more thanks to Orbx for transforming our Flight Sim world!

On ‎6‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 2:12 PM, RJ said:

Ushuaia is a spectacular place to visit. Smashing shots, Martyn! :)

Thanks RJ.

On ‎6‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 3:27 PM, Voyager said:

Great trip/ride on there. Mainly these fine shots you got flying over that astounding region!

Voyager

From iPad

Cheers Voyager.

On ‎6‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 4:04 PM, antonvs said:

Great shots Martyn, you have found a very interesting place which Global shows up very well.

Anton via Tapatalk

Thank you Anton, imagine what OLC will do to it.

On ‎6‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 4:10 PM, Iain Emms said:

Splendid shots.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain

On ‎6‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 6:48 PM, bernd1151 said:

Excellent stuff, Martyn and the Seneca is a great plane to fly

Cheers Bernd.

On ‎6‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 7:19 PM, Bermuda425 said:
Eye-opening picture sequence!

:rolleyes:

Thank you Bermuda.

On ‎7‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 1:15 AM, PDX Flyer said:

Absolutely stunning!  What kind of scenery is that of Ushuaia Port?  All of those ships look most interesting.

Cheers PDX. Ships add that much welcomed extra dimension.

On ‎7‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 1:33 AM, andy1252 said:

Whoo-hoo! Lovely shots Martyn but why did you have to go and pick there? That's another whole continent to explore now! (Actually, I saw a movie a few weeks back called "The German Doctor" about Mengele in SA. It was set around the time when there was a really close but failed attempt to grab him. He was picked up by floatplane from a villa on a lake. I grabbed the location from the credits and found it on Google and planned to fly there and have a look around. Not made it yet but you're inspiring me now to have a go)

I really like these, they're wonderful and a great find. I really enjoy these out of the way trips, so - thank you.

Thanks Andy, I have brought a few SA airports which have encouraged me to do a few flights in the continent. A voyage of discovery as I only know where the countries are and very little about the airlines that operate there.

How strange, I was only reading about Dr Mengele a few weeks ago. Just watched the trailer for the movie, looks well worth a watch.

On ‎7‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 3:25 AM, dolf8857 said:

Lovely shots these!

Thank you Dolf.

On ‎7‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 5:26 PM, larryisenor said:

Larry

Thanks Larry.

On ‎8‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 1:02 AM, PDX Flyer said:

That is pretty darn amazing info.  Thanks Larry and one more thanks to Orbx for transforming our Flight Sim world!

There you go PDX, hopefully we will get a few more freeware airports for the continent.

On ‎8‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 11:49 AM, Orbxtreme said:

Top shots Martyn, that was an excellent idea to fly around such a beautiful place!

Thanks Francois, I am trying to get to a few more of the Global Freeware airports, there are so many of them which is just great.

On ‎8‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 0:27 PM, ryanbatc said:

Sharp paint job - I love those modern ones.   Great pics!

Cheers Ryan.

On ‎8‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 3:04 PM, BradB said:

Marvelous shots my friend . :):)

Cheers

John

Thank you John.

Many thanks to you all for your comments. A wonderful area to visit, I will have to go further afield from the airport next flight.

Archived