FTX Unified Lookup messed up textures

jalbrech

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm experiencing the same problems. Texture morphing and similar anomalies primarily in my FSX - NZNI Region, most noticeably just west of NZQN, across the harbour.  Proceeding north from there I see numerous examples of the same anomalies, mostly on hillsides as textures continuously change and flash from strips of photo textures, to water, to trees, etc.   All worked perfectly before updating to the unified lclookup.   Update and migration appeared to install perfectly.   I own most regions, Global and Vector, Canada/US and EU landclass.

I've been attempting correction of the problems for the past few hours including:

Reinstalled NZSI

Refreshed terrain.cfg

Deactivated all non-orbx scenery

Deactivated Vector

Deactivated all landclass

Nothing has worked thus far.

All library entries appear in the correct order.

From my limited test flying in Global/Vector areas I've not yet encountered these problems although I can't say for certain if the problem is region specific.

Any help would surely be appreciated, failing which, I too would like to know if I could revert to my previous setup.  I'd certainly be willing to trade the inconvenience of region switching for elimination of these problems.

I'm dealing with some age related illness so I have difficulty understanding certain things, even if I read them a few times.  But, let me try.

I'm not sure if the original post has the correct style textures, or whether my post includes the correct colors and textures.

Hi all,

Recalling when I saw the command prompt windows when upgrading, I think I saw a few of the windows as they were scrolling by saying that a file that was being migrated could not be found.  

I have South Alaska, N and Central Rockies, Misty Fjords, PNW, S and S CA, All of Australia, and NZ.  I did not see problems with some of the migrations but did with others.  I have not tested all of the regions.  My guess is that there is something wrong with the migration program.

What I'd like to know at this point is - how can I revert until the problems are resolved?  There appears to be no way to download an older version of the ORBXLIBS or the FTX Central.  Reinstalling different sections does not accomplish anything.  Is there any way to resolve textures that may not have been copied?  

Thanks,

Jay A.

John, 

I do as you say and only find one 0 byte sized file called fsx.migrated.  No other migrated files.  

I delete it, check all permissions, run FTXCentral2 as admin, and it starts the migration. Finishes instantly with a zero sized file left.

This does not seem correct.

Thanks,

Jay A.

Hi all,

OK, I went and deleted fsx.migrated from the Orbx file in the users folder, deleted ALL .migrated files from the FSX folders, and reran the migration tool by running FTX Central 2.1 as administrator.

During the migration process, command prompts were popping up over a few minute period. It appeared that each popup correlated to each of the ORBX products (regions and open landclasses) that I have on my system.  I have all of the NA full fat regions, All of Australia, All of New Zealand, OPENLC EUR and OPENLC NA Canada and Alaska.

I tried to keep a close eye on what was being displayed on the popups and noticed that about 1/3 of the messages displayed said File not found while the remaining 2/3 had file copied displayed. 

I went back to my sim, and found that my textures continued to be screwed up in the Utah area. 

My guess is that there is something terribly wrong with the migration program that was distributed.  It does not copy all files - hence the texture lookup process does not know what texture to display...hence the messed up textures and missing ones.  The problem I see on my display is similar to what I used to see when I had the wrong region selected. Problem is, there does not seem to be a way to get back to where I was (maybe even with a prior version of FTX Central, so I can wait for the issue to be addressed.  

With all of the problems mentioned on the forums, it appears that a mistake has been made and something wrong got released?

Thanks for taking a look.

Jay A.

Hi Ben,

I'm doing another migration now (5th time).  

I have only found it in the Utah area, but am not sure about the rest of the world.  My South Alaska area so far appears to be okay.  It would take forever to find everything.

Nothing I do appears to get rid of the problem in the Utah area.

I do notice when reading through the forums that the problems appear to be in dry areas of the world.  That may be a coincidence though.

Jay A.

I also remembered that in the DOS popup window during the very first migration sometimes "file not found" was written. Unfortunately I am unable to find a migration log anywhere to check which files are not found.

Did one flight from OMDB to EDDP (with FTX Global installed). I found some strange terrain files in very few places (over Iran and in Turkey with Open LC Europe) but did not manage to male pictures. Will try the next time.

Regards

Ralf

I also remembered that in the DOS popup window during the very first migration sometimes "file not found" was written. Unfortunately I am unable to find a migration log anywhere to check which files are not found.

Did one flight from OMDB to EDDP (with FTX Global installed). I found some strange terrain files in very few places (over Iran and in Turkey with Open LC Europe) but did not manage to male pictures. Will try the next time.

Regards

Ralf

The missing texture problems are also most apparent in the NZNI region;  many examples around the Wellington area.  

Can someone please confirm if they see these issues in NZNI?

Ben, can you please confirm what the command line option would be for Win7/FSX?  When using this method we do not need to delete the .migrated files first...correct?

If it's indeed a case of textures not being migrated, can we perhaps just have a zip file of the missing textures together with instructions as to where to place them?

In the absence of this, perhaps instructions as to how to revert to pre-unified status until a fix is at hand.

Thanks

Well, I thought ... maybe I downloaded a bad installation program.  I downloaded OrbxLIBS again, ran the FTX_Central 2 reset_migration (as directed above), reinstalled OrbxLibs as admin, then ran the FTX Central as admin that started the migration.  

All of the copy and move commands done in the command prompt popups looked the same as before with several textures not copied or moved as they were supposedly not found. In fact, I seem to see the same file not found errors in the same places as before.  I get the same issues with my textures (only tested Utah) but noticed one small anomaly in Southern Alaska.  

Now, I do own many regions (Australia and NZ, North America, OpenLC EUR and OpenLC Alaska Canada, Vector, and Orbx Base).  I recently had to rebuild my system and the entire FS, Acceleration, patches, and Orbx were installed - all without issue.  Never had any texture problems before this install.

If you fly in some areas, you'll notice no problems at all - it depends on where you are and what textures turn out to be missing.  There appear to be many problems with the north island of NZ and parts of AUS, the desert SW of the US, and as reported in other threads in Turkey and the middle east.  After very carefully monitoring installs (I reinstalled and migrated several times) several areas have a bunch of missing textures (file not found on copy or move). 

Not sure what to do at this point.  It is too bad that there isn't a way to go to an older build until this can be investigated. Forums have been rather quite -problem solving wise. I can't enjoy my hobby on my next several days off.  I wish I would have though of imaging my disk, but frankly I never have had problems like this with an ORBX install.  I really don't think it is my system or setup.  Kind of frustrated.  

Is there any way to go back to pre FTXCentral upgrade (I don't have an image backup) until ORBX can help me (and others) with the problems we have described?  A fix would be better, but I cannot find anything on the forums and no one from ORBX has answered this yet. 

Thanks,

Jay A

I just attempted the 'reset migration' command; it seemed to go through the process ok but results are the same.  Here is what I'm still seeing.  Location is 1nm from NZWN on a 40 degree radial from the runway.  I have encountered numerous similar examples all across NZNI.  This problem appears only on hillsides, not in flat areas. Fortunately I have yet to see these missing texture problems in any other FTX areas:

NZNI-4.png

NZNI-3.png

Textures in this spot continue to morph as you're approaching/departing the location and/or circling around it.  When viewed from a slewed position over the NZWN runway it appears as a solid wall of water and morphs as you approach.

This is the first time I've had to ask this community for help and would sincerely appreciate a meaningful response, failing which, instructions on how to revert back to the pre-unified format.

NZNI is presently unusable for me and it worked perfectly, as did all other ORBX products, prior to the unified migration.

While I realize that most users have likely not reported similar problems, it won't be until someone actually flies over an affected area with a missing or non-migrated texture that the problem will become apparent.  For some this could take quite some time.

I'm using win7-64bit with permissions set appropriately.  My previous post outlines the other troubleshooting steps I've taken.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I am in P3D v32. and would like to show you that I too am seeing anomalies around NZWN. It is definately a texture/landclass problem, as the water placement on the hills starts to change from water to blurred ground textures to proper textures as you fly near or over the affected area.

Exact location is in the text top left of picture

NZWNmorphing.jpg

I'm getting the exact same texture/landclass issues as pictures posted but on the south island of New Zealand only on the coastal hills between Westport and Greymouth. I tried everything to fix it including reinstalling South Island, reinstalling FTX global, reinstalling scenery cab etc etc. I have not tried reverting the unified lookup library.

I'm on P3D33 W10.

Hi all,

We've identified the issue with New Zealand. Attached is a fix that should be extracted to your root FS directory. When it asks you to overwrite, say "yes".

If this fix works OK for you all, we'll deliver the update via FTX Central after FlightSimCon.

Let me know how this goes.

orbx_unified_lclookup_nz_fix.zip

Hi Ben,

Installed the fix and just took a short flight to several of the affected areas I'd noticed in NZNI; they're fixed!   Thanks for getting on this... I'd buy you a beer if you were closer.

Is there a chance you could provide a quick utility or even a list of files we could check to ensure no others are missing that might affect other areas?

Really appreciate your efforts on the fix and the no doubt monumental tasks associated with the unified lclookup.

If I may. Just did a flight from PASO to PAEN in the SAK region and also had several issues, similar to the ones listed above. Had "cities'' all over my route, and weird textures here and there. 

I am running a bit late, but took some screenshots that I can post in a separate thread at some point tomorrow.

With thanks,

5 hours ago, Ben McClintock said:

5 hours ago, Ben McClintock said:

Hi all,

We've identified the issue with New Zealand. Attached is a fix that should be extracted to your root FS directory. When it asks you to overwrite, say "yes".

If this fix works OK for you all, we'll deliver the update via FTX Central after FlightSimCon.

Let me know how this goes.

orbx_unified_lclookup_nz_fix.zip

just to confirm  . do I just take the files from the fix and replace them in the  nzni/si_08_custom folder

18 minutes ago, capt sl said:

Yes, make sure it's the scenery sub folder

just to confirm  . do I just take the files from the fix and replace them in the  nzni/si_08_custom folder

Curious about one thing (since many reporting similar textures issues). Are all your products up to date with the latest patches, ec? I noticed i slacked a bit on that end, and being spending the last few hours doing an update blitz. Will then re-run the migration again. Wonder if it will fix things.

2 hours ago, Eugene Krikunov said:

Hi JS07

This fixed it but I still can't get the FTX Central to see FSX, only P3D as I have both on my PC.  It was working but now it's now.

2 minutes ago, HercFan said:

Curious about one thing (since many reporting similar textures issues). Are all your products up to date with the latest patches, ec? I noticed i slacked a bit on that end, and being spending the last few hours doing an update blitz. Will then re-run the migration again. Wonder if it will fix things.

How would I go about re-running the migration tool?

I am having texture problems in P3D V3.2 across much of Europe (OLC EU) with what appears to be default textures and random lakes and rivers. I have rerun the migration tool several times. In my  Orbx OLC EU Folder I have only three files with a migration file in them ( EU05, EU07 and EU10). Is This correct? Also I have no recollection of receiving a  landclass update.

Archived