FTX EU Germany North - P3Dv3.2

Great news! If you are interested in the development of an German airport I can recommend you Meiersberg. It is a small Airfield near Düsseldorf. I did my pilot license there last year and can help you with texture images or some information. I would be glad to hear from you!

Greetings from Germany

Simon

On 6/5/2016 at 0:23 AM, Axel said:

I see that you are a Limesim developer, now Hamburg HD comes to my mind which was hold many months ago. Am I right that this project will be included in GEN? Hamburg as the second largest town in Germany deserves a good treatment finally :)

No, it's not part of GEN. And it's only the second largest city anyway ;) - you may expect something for the largest city instead. Stay tuned...

On 6/5/2016 at 0:23 AM, Axel said:

Will you place the block buildings close to power stations? Looks so far very detailed but strange if the stacks stand in the middle of a meadow all alone... (Wedel as an example) ;)

Added that to the todo list.

Bests,

Sascha

On 6/5/2016 at 0:47 AM, COBS said:

Utterly fantastic , have waited so long for this German scenery .

Although I mainly fly in the southern half of Germany I will most definitely be getting this  , both GEN and GES .

Is the  Mohne Dam  in GEN  ?

I know that a lot of people want that iconic dam wall in their scenery .

If it is , would a shot be possible ?

Cheers

Karol

This area is still being worked at. Nothing to show there yet.

Wow! This scenery is going to be fantastic!

PS: and of course, superb screenshots once again, John!

Edit: I just saw that the football stadium in Hanover has got its old name "AWD Arena" displayed on the seats (pic 14). In 2013 the name was changed to "HDI Arena". A minor issue for me (not being from Hanover ;) ) just a hint for the developers, maybe there is still time to change this.

The four chimneys at Volkswagen factory in Wolfsburg are on top of a power station, not standing flat on the ground.

Maybe the developers could consider correcting this or put it on their to-do-list ;)

On 6/4/2016 at 1:48 PM, Fischkopp said:

Well, the first images let suggest that this will be a very good version of Nothern Germany.  I look forward to this scenery.

I hope Henrik's and your ships will work in it,

1 minute ago, jlund said:

Will it be possible to see a picture of EDHI (Finkenwerder).I'm aware that you haven't promised any airports, but EDHI really needs a "boost" so just hoping :-)

EDHI is still work in progress. But it'll certainly looks much, much better than default...

On 6/5/2016 at 5:54 AM, DeeJay said:

BTW, once you're developing GES, would it be possible to add an option for a "light" environment around Frankfurt or even disabling the FRA area in the GES region? Why I'm writing this? - It's just because EDDF is already hard on fps and on VAS usage.

Most people are not aware of that but that's a feature you already have build in your FSX/P3D:

Although not noticeable on frames that much, autogen is a real VAS burner. So if you're having VAS issues together with a 3rd party product the frist thing you need to do is move the autogen density slider to the left.

When I saw these preview pictures I was in hope GEN would be in beta to be relaed soon. Now I read there are several regions in development yet. Not asking for any deadline, but perhaps a rough estimate of the actual state of the project would be very nice.

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

When I saw these preview pictures I was in hope GEN would be in beta to be relaed soon. Now I read there are several regions in development yet. Not asking for any deadline, but perhaps a rough estimate of the actual state of the project would be very nice.

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

2 hours ago, jlund said:

I hope Henrik's and your ships will work in it,

ORBX GEN makes me as not really a headache. Maybe a few routes need to be adjusted but whether the AI ship traffic still runs under P3D V3.3 must first be seenBut that I can take care only after my vacation on end of June.

15 hours ago, Sascha Normann said:

No, it's not part of GEN. And it's only the second largest city anyway ;) - you may expect something for the largest city instead. Stay tuned...

Added that to the todo list.

Bests,

Sascha

Oh, I really hoped that Hamburg will get a detailed treatment since it is a big city. At least certain markable points or areas as City-Nord or Steilshoop, the harbour, etc. I am really tired of seeing grey empty fields pretend to be container terminals or these brounish things to be goods stations or large railway stations, etc.

I see you even use different type of wind generators, why not Hamburg more detailed?

11 hours ago, Axel said:

I see you even use different type of wind generators, why not Hamburg more detailed?

Implementing different kinds if wind generators is about 5% of the workload of what you're suggesting for Hamburg.

Keep in mind this is an FTX Region, NOT a cityscape. Cityscapes are entirely different products that need months, sometimes years do develop.

Nevertheless, Hamburg experienced a considerable upgrade with GEN. You'll see.

11 hours ago, Sascha Normann said:

Implementing different kinds if wind generators is about 5% of the workload of what you're suggesting for Hamburg.

Keep in mind this is an FTX Region, NOT a cityscape. Cityscapes are entirely different products that need months, sometimes years do develop.

Nevertheless, Hamburg experienced a considerable upgrade with GEN. You'll see.

I didn't mean Cityscape, I just expected something detailed since Hamburg HD was announced many months ago (by Limesim). But great to read that it will receive an upgrade! I believe you will show more and more screenshots. Any % how far you are with GEN at all? :)

5 hours ago, Axel said:

I didn't mean Cityscape, I just expected something detailed since Hamburg HD was announced many months ago (by Limesim)...

...and put on hold as announced on the LimeSim website. Sorry, nothing happening there right now, because some crucial members left the team. I can't tell yet when it will be picked up again.

On 6/6/2016 at 5:32 AM, Fischkopp said:

ORBX GEN makes me as not really a headache. Maybe a few routes need to be adjusted but whether the AI ship traffic still runs under P3D V3.3 must first be seenBut that I can take care only after my vacation on end of June.

Just checked off the coast near EDWI in P3Dv3.3 and am seeing shipping.  A UNIFEEDER ship underway at the moment.

• 2 months later...
On 8/16/2016 at 4:20 AM, D@NREIS said:

Hello, thats looking very stunning!:o

On this picture there is missing the submarine monument

Keep up doing great sceneries;)

Best regards

Daniel

No chance for the submarine but the area around the memorial tower will be certainly improved in the final release.

On 15.8.2016 at 10:20 PM, D@NREIS said:

2016-06-03_02-25-53-PM20788f75.jpg

12321_4_02020008005.jpg

Best regards

Daniel

I can add the submarine museum after release of GEN.

On 15.8.2016 at 10:20 PM, D@NREIS said:

2016-06-03_02-25-53-PM20788f75.jpg

12321_4_02020008005.jpg

Best regards

Daniel

I can add the submarine museum after release of GEN.

Archived